These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rickmz
Been Using Waze since before it was "cool".  Remember being the only wazer in my city for months! LOL
Updated iOS app 8 days ago and can no longer get into my (populated with data) account.  Have been using username to logon for a long while.  Username is recognized but all my data is missing (in the "new" account).  Read through all the posts, deleted  app, reinstralled, changed password, etc.  When I open waze it shows me in the "new" account (which I never started) but no saved data, went to "Settings/Account & Login/Registration/Register this account", added my original (and ONLY) account info (email and password), waze sends email to verify email address, I then get "This email is connected to another Waze account (DUH!!!), hit "pick account" and select my ORIGINAL account (the one with points, saved locations, etc)./Next/Continue and EVERY ()(*&$()*&@)() time get "SOMETHING WENT WRONG TRY AGAIN LATER".  I have been doing this for SEVEN days and NOTHING ever changes! 
BTW, I know Google now owns Waze so the reason Waze has no customer service TELEPHONE number is because Google is cash strapped and can't support it's customer base (dripping sarcasm).......This community is great but Google should take some OWNERSHIP!!!!!
Apple maps is looking better every day.
Let's see how long before I get any feedback.
rickmz
Send a message

Post by RonGatmaitan
I've been using Waze for quite sometime now. These past few days, I've been getting that "Searching for Network" message and it is unable to give me a estimate time.

What I did was delete the app then reinstall. Now i cannot even login or "get started". It's always stuck in that "Connecting" screen.

I have already tried restarting, toggling location services, etc. many times.

I'm using an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS (12.1.4) and Waze version from Manila, Philippines.
RonGatmaitan
Send a message

Post by RonGatmaitan
It suddenly got fixed. I tried connecting from an open highway. Weird.
RonGatmaitan wrote:I've been using Waze for quite sometime now. These past few days, I've been getting that "Searching for Network" message and it is unable to give me a estimate time.

What I did was delete the app then reinstall. Now i cannot even login or "get started". It's always stuck in that "Connecting" screen.

I have already tried restarting, toggling location services, etc. many times.

I'm using an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS (12.1.4) and Waze version from Manila, Philippines.
RonGatmaitan
Send a message

Post by RonRover
happygrammie712 wrote:My account also disappeared. New device. Waze gave me a new account and password which I did not ask for. Want my old account back.
Please read the message two above yours.

Good Luck!
Ron
RonRover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RussPA
So if you log into Waze with your old username and old password, what do you get?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
When you first log in to the new phone, chose "Already a Wazer" and enter your old username and password. If you entered something different, then you are considered a new user with a new account, which is what seems happened. Log out and log back in using your exact old info and your settings should be restored.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
tscore wrote:I did not remember my user name or password so I created another user name and password using the same cell phone number.

Have you tried this?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
You can try this thread and see if it has any helpful info.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Have you tried choosing "Already a Wazer?" and entering your exact old username/password, not the phone number or Facebook method?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
volys2004 wrote:It's probably a longshot, but is there any way to combine the two accounts? Thanks in advance for your help :)
See answer to your question here. Unfortunately, it can't be done.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US