These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by snail32
In reply to Vince1612 back on page 1, I am trying to make Waze my default nav app on phone only (no link to car), and have followed the instructions.

Made Waze the "Open in this app" and Google Maps "Don't open in this app". I've restarted my phone but still Google Maps is the default from either Android Auto or the Google Assistant.

Any suggestions?
Phone Google Pixel
Android 7.1.2
Waze 4.27.0.1
Android Auto 2.4.722904

Thanks
Snail32
snail32
Send a message

Post by SnakesCool
Hi there ,
i'm using the latest Waze release on a brand new OPPO A94 5G , connected in AA with a RCD-330G ( VW chinese Carplay & AA capable unit ) .
Every apps is updated on the phone , and when starting Waze in AA mode on my car unit , screen starts to flicker , sometimes it stops , sometimes not , GPS position seems to be lost , as the map looks like it's turning in every way , and after a while , seems to work ok but is not "fluid" , as if the position was lost , and found again . i was previously using latest waze on iphone with carplay without problems .
I've tried to change some settings about location autorisation for AA and Waze as suggested in other posts , change also the resolution in the dev settings of AA , but without luck until now . I can't test on long travel due to lockdown but i can say that on small one , it's not really pleasant.
SnakesCool
Send a message

Post by Soitanen
Some observations from Android Auto user (Kia Sportage 2017):
- it's impossible to drive to any point at map, like in mobile version - tap and hold, select point as finish. At Android Auto I need to select address or some point from favorites;
- AA Waze do not use position data from the car, it is missing in tunnels, parkings and other places (AA Google Maps works perfectly in all this situations).
Soitanen
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by speedfreak_be
Same here, volvo V90-2019 model with samsung galaxy s8, since a few days lagging, restarting freezing etc...
Tried removing caches, and other tricks, nothing works. Only solution so far is to start a GPS enabled app on the phone itself (ie. google maps, ulysse speedometer, etc...) and then all of a sudden waze works apart from restarting every 10 to 15 minutes, screen goes blank in the car and after few seconds waze is back, it doesn't lose the navigation destination luckily.

Do people with iPhone's and carplay have the same issues? Completely fed up with this AA stuff, as I live in Belgium I have to install it manually anyway as it is not released here so updating is always drama as setting up the link with the car is a horrendous procedure.
speedfreak_be
Send a message

Post by Squid2Soldier
I agree with everyone else - love Waze on AA...but miss the speed limit indicator.
Squid2Soldier
Send a message

Post by ssnapier
Is anyone else getting total trip time for long trips in only minutes?  I drove from Georgia to Wisconsin last week and the total trip time was in hundreds of minutes instead of hours and minutes.  I drive a Toyota Venza, but my friend who drives a Ford Transit is seeing the same behavior.  

Here is an example from the Ford taken yesterday:  
ssnapier
Send a message

Post by SteelCityPA
rochrunner wrote:I don't use Waze very often, but when I do switch to it under Android Auto, it frequently comes up with a blank green screen. Switching away from it to Google Maps and then back to Waze seems to fix the issue. Anyone else see anything like this?

For the record, I'm using Android 9 on a Pixel 2, all apps up to date, and on a 2018 Subaru Outback.
Just in the past week mine is doing the same thing. I realize this was back in March, but I have the latest Android OS in my Samsung Galaxy S10+, new Android Auto app. I can only get Waze to work if I switch back to Google Maps, then back to Waze. This can be pain because I'm trying to drive!
SteelCityPA
Send a message

Post by SteelCityPA
I got the AA update yesterday and the Waze update this afternoon. I have the Samsung S10+. At first it looked like it wasn't working but gave it about a minute and it finally started tracking correctly. I'm still not convinced it needs some additional tweaking though.
SteelCityPA
Send a message

Post by Sterlin40
Sevendust-Fan wrote:
dariansdad wrote:About 4 days ago Waze in Android Auto on Ford Sync 3 head unit stopped displaying the speed limits and speed display. I disconnected the phone from the head unit and Waze works as normal with speed limits and speed display on the phone.

Please help restore this feature.
Same with me and the wife. Pixel 3a & Pixel 4XL, Android 11 - Feb security, SYNC 3 (latest), Waze 4.70.1.0, Android Auto 6.0.615334

Add me to that list...
I thought I had it resolved by enabling the notification 'at the speed limit' but it is not consistent. That said, any workaround I've used is not consistent.

I'd be happy to help in any way to expedite a resolution!
Sterlin40
Send a message

Post by Sterlin40
Sterlin40 wrote:
Sevendust-Fan wrote:
dariansdad wrote:About 4 days ago Waze in Android Auto on Ford Sync 3 head unit stopped displaying the speed limits and speed display. I disconnected the phone from the head unit and Waze works as normal with speed limits and speed display on the phone.

Please help restore this feature.
Same with me and the wife. Pixel 3a & Pixel 4XL, Android 11 - Feb security, SYNC 3 (latest), Waze 4.70.1.0, Android Auto 6.0.615334

Add me to that list...
I thought I had it resolved by enabling the notification 'at the speed limit' but it is not consistent. That said, any workaround I've used is not consistent.

I'd be happy to help in any way to expedite a resolution!
Update:
It works now... not sure if there was an update or just my own fiddling. I have the speed limit notifications turned off and I still see the speedometer and limit in the infotainment screen. Hope you all are in the same boat!
Sterlin40
Send a message