These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Sgt8BIT
I just got my brand new 2020 Lexus RX 350 (F Sport 3) recently. It's the first Lexus model to get Android Auto.

However, when I connected my phone (Moto Z3 running Pie, July 1, 2019 security update) to the car via a USB cable, the only navigation option is Google Maps.

Waze does not even appear as an option at all.

If I disconnect my phone from the head unit and use the Android Auto app standalone, Waze appears there and works. It also works as a standalone app when not connected to anything.

I tried using my wife's phone (Moto Z2 Play)...same issue. Could this be a Lexus bug, Android Auto bug, Waze bug or user error :)

Any help is appreciated!
Sgt8BIT
Send a message

Post by SHAMSOLA
i can't see icon waze on the last android auto ;)
only google maps open on Showbox apk nav ;)

the last waze and android auto spotify premium official of course....tested different version...the same

SHAMSOLA
Send a message
Last edited by SHAMSOLA on Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by shleets1
Hello - I'm using Waze with Android Auto in a 2016 Ford F150. Below are the issues I have found.

1. Search by address it can seem to populate routes or just gives the go button. Once the go button is toggled the screen resets and just goes back to the map and current location no navigation to the site. It seems like names of business it can find and navigate without issue.

2. If listening to the radio and Waze gives a command during navigation the radio volume defaults to a lower volume. I have to keep turning up the volume after every navigation command from Waze.

Is there any workaround for these issues?
shleets1
Send a message

Post by ShOrTy-BC
Hello everioane!
I have a problem that it's consumed my nerves to the maximum.

I can't keep waze running on android auto !
When my phone its locked the application stops .

If I keep my screen on I dont have any problem .

When my phone screen its locked waze its stops running .

Can someone please tell me what to do so I can drive and keep my phone locked but waze to runn on my vehicle ....
ShOrTy-BC
Send a message

Post by SiavashTechDaD
Hey

I have a Note 9 and after the latest update to android auto , Waze started behaving badly .
now the application looses GPS signal and does not give me correct navigation .
when i use waze on my phone without andriod auto it works ok , when i use google maps with andriod auto it works ok as well , so the issue is with combination of waze and android auto .

i have not been able to find a solution for this issue , does anyone know what to do ?
SiavashTechDaD
Send a message

Post by sidamos
Waze on Android Auto uses the phone's GPS instead of the car's location provider (VW Golf with onboard navigation system).

The effects of this are:
- no location in tunnels
- uses more battery on phone (less charging)
- phone gets hotter

Google Maps uses the car's location provider, as it should be. And so it works in tunnels.
sidamos
Send a message

Post by Silentseven
Hi, I can also confirm this -exact- problem.

Samsung S7 Android 7. All apps fully updated.
Honda Pilot 2018

Additional information:
- With Waze displayed on the honda screen, on the phone - if I do a single click on Power button and swipe up on the screen, Waze will correctly locate and work for about 20 seconds. Then, the system will freeze again.
- Have tried multiple cables, no change
- Have disabled all power settings, no change
- Have inspected lock screen settings, see nothing obvious
- System used to work OK previously
- We are running the Microsoft Launcher, have not (yet) tried disabling this. That is next.

atvBob wrote:I've used Waze under Android Auto for a long, long time without issue. 2017 Ford F350 Sync3 3.0. I have a Samsung S7 Edge running Android v7.0.

A couple of months ago (had not used Waze under AA in a while), I tried to use it and, while the Waze map comes up, all Waze shows for my vehicle is a dot ... and the dot does not move. If I leave it running, once in a great while it will "jump" to my current location, but then freeze again.

I've updated Waze at least 3 or 4 times during this time period, but no help. Of course, I've rebooted the phone.

The crazy part is: Google Maps works perfectly fine: Same phone, same vehicle, same AA app and it all works perfectly fine.

Also, Waze runs and operates perfectly fine on the phone itself. It's only exhibiting this behavior when trying to run it under AA in my truck.

Thoughts?
Silentseven
Send a message

Post by simonk1969
Same issue here :-(
simonk1969
Send a message

Post by siplalala
So here's an interesting one that's been happening for a while now on Android Auto.

Sometimes Waze just starts losing its location and jumping around in th middle of a drive. At this point often I'd just switch to Google maps. What i noticed was that first Google maps never lose location like Waze does and while Waze is jumping around maps locks right away. Nd also once Maps has started 9 out of 10 times this also fixes Waze. So to me this suggests there is something Waze is not doing which maps is. Considering its the same umbrella company, it's pretty interesting to see how one team can have the same problem for months even when I have submitted debug logs, while the other always just worked.

This is all on a Nokia 7.1 in a Honda accord.
siplalala
Send a message

Post by smartroad78
Been using Waze with AA and mostly it is great. I have hit a few issues I just wanted to report.

When Waze reports that there is a delay because of traffic build up (the red card) it no longer shows any other cards after that (speed camera, hazards etc), it does vocally say about them though.

Sometimes I have had the speedo stop updating.

It can often take ages to plot a route, if it does at all in some instances. Feel like the early versions of the phone Waze which would take forever to plot. Having some form of cancel option to try again could be useful. Unplug an use on the phone it plots ok, reconnecting makes it use that route (mostly sometimes it still gets stuck anyway).

When searching for petrol stations it doesn't search on the route and doesn't respect the station preference settings in the app. As a company car user I have to use a specific station.

Could it be possible to have, like the phone app, an option to oversee the route? Even if only available when stopped. Would be useful to ensure destination is correct on the map and useful to have a mental map in case Waze or the car's AA implementation crashes (has happened a few times, I like to know the general route I am taking).

Lastly, could it be made to follow the colour settings from the main app as well, the grey is, well, dull ;)
smartroad78
Send a message