These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jm6087
BrendanA1975 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 pm You need to add "Road Closure" to the CarPlay reporting menu.  Came across two road closures/detours that Waze didn't know about and, using CarPlay, couldn't accurately report them.

This forum is monitored by volunteers, not Staff.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
bazso1017 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 pm Hi Guys,
Ihave a question about the ne feature it is the visual instruction.
Every turn we can set :
 - Visual instructions
 - Towards
 - Exit signs
 - Voice prompt
 - TTS

I set up an instruction for a turn, it appeared in ios client app, but when I use carplay the instruction is the name of the nex road not the set visual instruction.
In attachemnt there are some printscreens.

The question is, how to set the visual turn instruction for the carplay?
What is the towards option?

cheers,
Zsolt

I don't believe that they have start releasing that feature to CarPlay or AA yet.

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jmmeyers0
After submitting an issue to Waze technical support regarding Waze through CarPlay, they asked me for the "version of your CarPlay app". Does anyone on here know what that means and how to determine this? If I reply that I am using IOS 12.0.1, CarPlay is builtin, and isn't a standalone app, technical support then replies that I need to contact Apple with anything related to CarPlay. My issue is related to map rendering in Waze and clearly not something on Apple's side of things.

Thanks...
jmmeyers0
Send a message

Post by Jnswift
MickJohn1 wrote:Please can you bring back larger speed limit and don’t need speedo already got one.

Many thanks

Mick
dbshark wrote:Please add an independent selection for using speedometer and a separate turn on/off for speed limit. Please increase the size of the speed limit sign. There are a lot of roads that don't post speed limits frequently enough or at all. This feature is really needed.
Very much agree with these.
Been using Waze CarPlay in my new car and one of the more recent updates shows the speedometer and speed limit (like the regular version does) which is unnecessary for some (maybe not all) cars where the current speed is very visible (it's projected on the windshield of my Mazda).
It makes the speed limit very small and harder to read, but there's no way to disable speedometer without also removing the speed limit :(
Jnswift
Send a message

Post by Jodini2424
Good morning.

Since last IOS update (15.4.1) everything in my apple car play Waze map i too big! (Waze 4.82.5.0.) It's like a permanent zoom in that makes almost impossible to  see the roads (The Car Icon is enormous)

Any idea?

Thanks!
Jodini2424
Send a message

Post by Jodini2424
In mi case, is not solved by restarting. The problem still there!
Jodini2424
Send a message

Post by JoeRodriguez12
This sounds like it might be a problem with your GPS in your phone. Make sure your phone is out in the open and not hiding in your pocket or under anything. This may cause some GPS connection issues, thus not showing correct GPS location. Also always try to quit out of the app and re-launch it
JoeRodriguez12
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
US Global Champ: USA
Regional Coordinator: GLR
GLR Collaboration Liaison - Waze Socks Guy
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester

https://a18ed246-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... directs=00
Welcome Page Illinois Michigan
Illinois Waze Facebook Illinois Waze Twitter

Post by JoeRodriguez12
swifty19_89 wrote:
Azzimovv wrote:Please make Waze works on CarPlay dashboard!!!!!!! Apple allow that now ......
And solve the issue on Siri shortcut too !!!!!!!!!!!
Any news on when this will become available? It's been available to app developers for a few months now...
Still in development
JoeRodriguez12
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JoeRodriguez12
JWXYZ85 wrote:Love Waze and been a user for years - especially love that its now integrated into CarPlay, however the interface could use a few improvements. I am sure others have input, but specifically I have 2 opportunities:

1) TBT notifications pop-up from the bottom - which is very frustrating while I am in a different app as this blocks the controls I need to use with the banner. Either have the banner slide down from the right side or the top, or all an option to turn this off. I feel perhaps this is a system limitation? It would be better if the active app window shrunk down slightly to accommodate the banner instead...
2) I am unable to report road closures, etc. or which side of the road a hazard is located on.

Thanks!
Totally agree with you there. Can only speak on the road closure report; limitations from Apple make that particular report harder to implement on CarPlay. However, devs do want to implement it in the near future
CAP2 wrote:Hi,

For some reason, Waze goes to "sleep mode" after a Carplay session

is there a way to disable the "go to sleep mode" ?

Devs are aware of the sleep mode Bug and working on a fix
JoeRodriguez12
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by johncampanale
SnakesCool wrote:Hi there,
yes , updated my iphone to 13.2 and same problems .
I also tried with spotify for playing music this morning and i lost my route again .

I could try to remove and install Waze again as i did last week but not sure it will change something .
I also have debug mode on in waze , could it be helpfull to send the log just after a navigation lost , even if waze was running in "foreground" ?

Just to precise the situation again , i switch app on my car unit ( VW RCD330 ) , not directly on the phone and it was runing fine before ios 13.x upgrade .

Regards.
What is the battery % when doing this? I had a similar problem with Waze and CarPlay and found that I had a subpar lightning cable! If the phone was fully charged, I didn't have many or almost any problems, but if the iPhone was low on charge, then I would get all kinds of weird issues, even to the fact that I had the mfg replace the aftermarket head unit with another one. Once I got a quality cable, Anker 6ft one in my case, I've never had another issue!

John
johncampanale
Send a message