These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by karlcr9911
Great thanks...staff was informed. They'll be looking into the issue ASAP.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
What country are you in?
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
usa_k5i6uovi wrote:I just tried Waze using Apple Carplay on my 2017 Mercedes E Class. I have two questions: does Waze show live traffic information on Carplay and, if so, how do you access it? I didn’t see any traffic in my brief trial. Also, is there a way to get a list view of navigation instructions, showing each street and turn? Thanks.

Waze shows traffic in the app, on the roads where jams are being detected. The list view of navigation instructions is on your phone when CarPlay is active and the map is displayed there.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
nikhsub1 wrote:
spenno73 wrote:
nikhsub1 wrote:OK, so I hate waze on carplay - I want to use carplay but not waze in carplay, I prefer to have waze on my phone and other things on my car screen. I have removed the waze app from the carplay settings but it doesn't matter - If carplay is enabled and I start Waze on my phone, my radio now is full screen waze and I can't see anything else. It's horrible. Please make it stop. There should be a setting in waze to disallow in carplay.
I thought you could delete in the CarPlay setttngs on your iPhone?
Yeah, you would think. All that does is remove the waze app icon from carplay - if you launch waze on your phone, it still takes over the car screen. It's maddening.
Staff is checking but they do believe this is an Apple issue overall.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
dominickr8 wrote:When I first launch Waze and connect to CarPlay, I see a microphone icon that I can use to initiate voice commands. Once I start a route, however, I no longer get the microphone icon and cannot issue additional voice commands. Also, my phone shows a small crossed-out microphone near the bottom left of the Waze screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

iOS 12 / v4.43.5 (+CarPlay)
What country are you in? It's only available in English-speaking countries currently. If you're in one, make sure Waze has access to your microphone.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
This is not possible currently. Waze staff is checking with Apple to see if this is even an option.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
lindseyp93 wrote:Having an issue in my 2017 VW Tiguan where when I start Waze after plugging into Carplay and try to navigate to a location using the head unit screen the "uh oh error calculating route" message pops up on my phone, regardless of how close or far I am going.

When the message pops up on my phone the head unit just looks like no command was requested. I can unplug the phone, select my location, have the route calculated and the directions start, and THEN plug my phone back in which brings up the map on my head unit screen.
Hi, please report your issue to Waze staff: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587

Thank you!
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
No need to send in multiple tickets on the same issue. They devs can't respond to every single issue. Bug fixes for CarPlay (when needed) will be released with every subsequent Waze release.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
*NISSAN ROGUE WAZERS* -- If you can use the app and once any issues arise, submit logs. This would be most helpful for staff. Once you've submitted logs, please let me know your Waze username and at what time you submitted logs. Sending me a PM here is fine.

To submit logs, you need to turn on debug mode in the app -- Start the app (untethered), search in the address search bar 2##2. You'll see a message that you're now in debug mode. In the Hazards section, you'll see a new icon there at the bottom for submitting your logs.

Now, tether and once you encounter an issue, submit your logs and then let me know. I'll pass the info along to the Waze devs. Thank you!!
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
PatHamilton11 wrote:I would like to be able to separate Waze from my Carplay.
This has been requested a few times now. The devs are checking with Apple to see if this is even possible. If it is, they'll make it an option in a future release.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message