Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by karlcr9911
I'm not sure Waze has anything to do here...if Mazda disables the touchscreen, sounds like you need to reach out to them.

You can still check/change alt routes on your phone screen.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Yes, that would be a Waze item for consideration...not something I've heard them discuss as being anywhere on the roadmap currently. And since you can check them on your phone still (I know it's not handsfree but the idea is you're checking routes prior to being mobile), not sure it's something they would even use development hours for at this point...happy to pass it along though.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
CarPlay is still new. Enhancements will continue to be included in subsequent releases.

I'm not sure what kind of arrow you want. The police marker is geo-tagged and the intent is that the marker is at the location of where the officer is sitting or in very close proximity to that marker.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Some items will never be in CarPlay...some exciting new items are coming in the next couple of versions so stay tuned. The Waze devs will continue to add as many enhancements that Apple will allow and that look great in the UI.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
HZN978 wrote:I'm using Apple Carply with Waze.
On the phone you see a bar on the left showing the position within an "average speed camera" zone.
On the car display this bar is hidden behind some other information (time, other icons,...).
Is this something that can be solved in the waze app or is this a car issue?

Thanks
It's a scaling issue. Waze is aware and working on it.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
usa_iv7dzyzw wrote:I’m having the same issue when using Waze in my 2017 Ford F-150 on CarPlay. My phone is an Apple iPhone 7 on IOS 12.2. The speed on the Waze app is 10-15% higher than it should be. Is there a fix or work-around for this issue?

Updated previous post with correct phone model and IOS version.
This is a Ford Sync issue. Waze & Ford are working to resolve this quickly.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Waze is aware of most issues with iOS 13. They just started working on these bugs within the last week or two so don't worry, Waze will be ready to go once iOS 13 is publically released.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Lesyvete wrote:I just updated my iphone. When I am using waze in my car with carplay. I can not hear my radio when the app is up and working. When i turn the app off my radio plays. I have a BMW X3. Please help, I don't like the other navigational apps. Thanks
I would go under the Voice & Sound options in the app and toggle 'Play sound via' and see what you get.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
rather-B-fishing wrote:Is there any way to stop telephone calls from taking over the CarPlay display? Some times I have to stop phone calls to get back to Waze for directions, and I can’t give the person on the call my ETA because I can’t see the Waze screen during the call.

I don’t know if this has been discussed previously under this thread, I tried searching and didn’t find anything.
Waze can't change how CarPlay works. Apple controls that...just simply tap the Waze icon again on the left side of the CarPlay screen and your map is back in the foreground and your phone call is still active. Use the steering wheel controls to end the call or just wait for them to hang up.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
samulej wrote:I just updated my iphone. When I am using waze in my car with carplay. I can not hear my radio when the app is up and working. When i turn the app off my radio plays. I have a BMW X3. Please help, I don't like the other navigational apps. Thanks
Go to Settings > Voice & sound > and change the sound output (Play sound via...).
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message