These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rob_cooper
Loving the new CarPlay integration, FINALLY get to use this.

Feature suggestions: When an active route is present the top bar auto-hides. When there is NO route to be followed, the top bar is always present. That last 10% of screen real estate at the top, in 3D mode, contains a LOT of information about what's upcoming.

I recommend auto-hiding the top toolbar always (configurable, of course) and have it appear with a simple screen tap. I believe this is how both Google Maps and Apple Maps work.
rob_cooper
Send a message

Post by roddeos
I do not like how Waze looks on my CarPlay (Hyundai Elantra). I want to disable it so when I plug my phone to the Car via USB and turn on Waze, the map stays on my phone (presently the map goes to the CarPlay screen while the step by step is on my phone).
I went into my iPhone settings and disabled the Waze icon in CarPlay. So when I look at the CarPlay icons, Waze is no longer there. However, as soon as I plug my phone in to charge via USB, the Waze map appears in CarPlay as previously. The icon is still not there.
Very annoying. Is there a way to stop Waze from going to CarPlay when connected via USB?
Thanks in advance.
Rod
roddeos
Send a message
Last edited by roddeos on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rogerfignych
Hello,

I have a 2020 Jaguar XE and I am loving using Car play,

A couple of things i would like adding are.

1) when adding a stop to your journey, to say get food, it doesnt show you a map or time off route like you get on the phone. I found this rather frustrating yesterday as when I only got a distance and didn't know where it was. I selected one that was close but it was trying to take me back to where i nearly started where i would have rather picked one that was 20 miles away as it was on my route. It needs to be added to the results when you search like it is on the phone. including the map would be even better.

2) I would also like more of the reporting features that are on the phone to the car such as closed roads etc.

3) as a feature to waze on the whole i think it would be a massive help to have lane assist at junctions and roundabouts. The Car's sat nav has this which what has given me the idea. i may message on relevant area.

Now for a bug that i keep having.

Sometimes when i fire waze up on the car it would let you put your destination in but when you start driving the map just freezes. you will get the vocals to say your alerts or directions but the screen stays the same. I was on ios 13 but i am on the Beta for 14 and it is still doing it. The way i can rectify the fault is by either unplugging the phone and reconnecting it or by using the double tap on the iphone to close waze and reopen it.

I am currently on waze 4.66.0.0 and ios 14.0
rogerfignych
Send a message

Post by RomaTrueNinja
I have the same problem with speed limit icon gets covered by directions panel. Mercedes Benz A180
RomaTrueNinja
Send a message

Post by RonM228
Using Waze on iOS 12 in my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe it seems that Waze is not able to hear me when I try to do a voice command if I try Apple Maps with CarPlay it has no trouble hearing me
RonM228
Send a message

Post by rsndll
I have just bought a Seat car with Full Link. I have connected my iPhone 12 via CarPlay. The problem is that when the phone is plugged into the car, Waze goes to “Searching network” and stays like that. When it’s unplugged it finds the network ok.
Is this a known issue?
GPS seems to work ok, but I assume that would I’m not getting live updates or route planning that takes traffic conditions into account.

rsndll
Send a message

Post by RussPA
There is a dedicated thread for Carplay issues. You might find a solution there. A moderator should be along to move your post into that thread.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
mcdonald44 wrote: • Been requesting this FOREVER! Please add a feature/option that allows us to see trip history. When I end a trip would be great to see something that tells me the length of time of the trip in time and the number of miles of the trip
Can't speak to the Carplay issues, being that the function is brand new, I am sure more changes are coming.
But as to the trip history, you can log into the editor to see that. Not as good as seeing it in the app, but it's better than nothing. Go to https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/ and log in with your same username/password and you'll see a Drives tab in the left corner that should have your full drive history.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
ARVpr wrote:Recently updated to 4.51.1.0 and speed limits on CarPlay have vanished.
Just checked and this bug has been reported to staff.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Read through the last couple of pages of the Carplay forum.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US