These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by karlcr9911
leorodriggues wrote:Hi all.

The speed is hiding behind the directions on CarPlay.

Could someone tell me how to fix it or it’s a bug?
It's been noted many times in this thread already. It should be fixed on the next production release.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
ARVpr wrote:
karlcr9911 wrote:
leorodriggues wrote:Hi all.

The speed is hiding behind the directions on CarPlay.

Could someone tell me how to fix it or it’s a bug?
It's been noted many times in this thread already. It should be fixed on the next production release.
Thanks!
Any ideas when this will be?

Will this also include a fix for the central nav point being off center like Google Maps?

Any what about the current speed always being display on navigation like the handset version?

Thanks!
The focus point for the vehicle icon should be off-center for RH or LH-driving countries.

Apple will not allow for Waze to add the actual speedometer into CarPlay. Additional enhancements should be coming soon for the speed limit portion but the speedometer itself cannot be displayed on the CarPlay screen. If you need the speedometer, you'll need to just use the app without CarPlay.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Matthewjones76 wrote:It doesnt seem possible to report a speedcamera through Carplay?
Nope, not all app functionality is in CarPlay, nor will it ever be. Definitely more coming in future releases but every single app feature will not be ported to CarPlay -- mainly, Apple still has restrictions on what can be included.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It's not 'stuck'. If it's sitting in the Outbox, it just means the message has not been read by any of the recipients to which it was sent. Once they open it, it moves to the Sent folder.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Scroll back a few posts and you'll see the staff post. But, the fix is in beta right now and an update to the production app should occur within the next week (most likely) so I would just wait a bit and you'll have it in no time.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
a2220023 wrote:how do I get the fixed beta version?
Read my post right above yours.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
a2220023 wrote:any idea as when the new version will be released? shall we keep using google maps?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=267276&start=210#p1881715
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
It's been mentioned several times in this thread already but showing the actual speedometer on the screen is currently restricted by Apple.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
VietHuy wrote:I use wave application on Honda accord through apple carplay. But the question is as follows: Do not display the speed is moving, while if used on iphone 12 ios still display speed is moving. Tips on how to fix on apple carplay.
Thank you for help!
Many questions and answers here on this -- this is not available in CarPlay, restricted by Apple. If you need the speedometer on the app as opposed to the one in your vehicle, you'll have to use your phone instead of CarPlay.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
acidoxy wrote:Hello everyone,

I was happy to have the ability to use Waze with Carplay on several models of cars.
Problem is that Waze does not appear in the list of application available on the car screen.
I have an Iphone 6S with IOS 12.1.1
Anybody have an idea?

Thx
Hi

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205634
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message