These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by karlcr9911
Waze is aware of this issue and a quick fix should be available very soon.
karlcr9911  
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by Kbali
r00zza wrote:Hi guys, I'm driving a 2018 Audi A3 with latest MMI version.
When I plug in the iPhone automatically Waze opens and the display behind the steering wheel is replaced with a compass instead of built-in navi.

I will love to have two separate navigation displays: one in front of the driver showing built-in navi (not active but just showing map) and Waze on the big screen on top of the cockpit.

What is more annoying is the fact that I cannot use my built-in navi unless I completely unplug the iPhone even if I'm not using Waze.

If some log can be useful to dev guys just let me know.

Many thanks and keep up your great work!
Hi,
any other app works on it?
It isn't maybe the manufacturer's issue?
Kbali
Send a message

Post by kcmoody
Please! I’ve signed up for beta but no TestFlight code yet. Bummer
kcmoody
Send a message

Post by kcowser
My dad tells me that when he uses Waze through CarPlay he doesn't get audible alerts for police, cars on shoulder, debris on road, red light cameras, etc., but he does get audible alerts when he uses Waze on his phone only. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this normal? Is there a way to get audible alerts to come through CarPlay?
kcowser
Send a message

Post by kcuestag
Waze shows dark mode all the time even if it's set to automatic on settings.

With Android Auto it used to work fine on my car depending on wether the car lights were ON or OFF.

Is this a known bug in Carplay? Recently switched to iPhone and it's driving me nuts.
kcuestag
Send a message

Post by kcuestag
Hello,

Looks like it was a Setting in carplay, I had forced darkmode and that was overriding Waze’s setting.

Thanks!
kcuestag
Send a message

Post by KeithHertenstein
I am using Waze with CarPlay on my Toyota RAV 4 MMI (2019).  if I am running another app such as SiriusXM the navigation instructions have very low audio.  Is. this a bug or have I missed a setting somewhere?
KeithHertenstein
Send a message

Post by KejPi
jaspercarrot wrote:Apple Carplay on BMW G31. I am using Waze with Apple Carlay on a BMW G31. Waze always seems to operate in Night Mode on the BMW screen. Is there anyway that I can get Waze to operate in automatic mode, where it uses its general settings to determine what display mode you are operating in?
My iPhone MODE and TYPE are set to automatic. The BMW is set to automatic lights on and only operate the headlights when the car determines the light is below a set value to activate the headlights.
The same problem in Seat. It seem that Waze takes light/dark mode settings of Carplay instead of using information from car light sensor. Google maps works as expected.
KejPi
Send a message

Post by KennethJohnsonNinja29
Sometimes when I plug in my iPhone 11pro in a 2018 Buick Envision, CarPlay will bring up waze but it won’t login me into my account. then I have to unplug close waze out then retry several times before it will login. Not sure what to do and I’m worried about wearing out the plug-in.
KennethJohnsonNinja29
Send a message

Post by KennethJohnsonNinja29
Thank You all. Version 4.72.0.0 is the version I was having trouble with and it was updated on March 17 2021 but I will check in the morning when I leave for work. Driving 62 miles one way to work Waze is very handy.
KennethJohnsonNinja29
Send a message