These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by KennethJohnsonNinja29
G_W1Z wrote:
KennethJohnsonNinja29 wrote:Driving 62 miles one way to work
That is quite a long drive!
Yes it sure is. I’ve been driving it for 36 years now. :D
KennethJohnsonNinja29
Send a message

Post by KenRossSpeedy9
Greetings and congratulations on the CarPlay integration launch!

I've been a user of Waze for a long time and using it with my in-car system (Ford Sync3 on 2017 Ford Edge in US) for about 4 months [the direct integration with Sync3, not via CarPlay). I was anxious to see the CarPlay support since there were other CarPlay apps I wanted to have available at the same time.

I started using the CarPlay version for the first time today; overall great job and the UI feels more responsive in the CarPlay version. I like the placement of the speed limit indicator (which also seems slightly larger than in the Sync3 verison) but I very much miss the current speed display :(

I also find that the ability to post hazards etc. feels much more responsive in the CarPlay version.

Given the UX requirements for the platform, I'd like to see a more direct way to access the "Favorites" list - in a given week I mostly travel between 3-4 places, all on my "Favorites" list, and having to go to the general search interface isn't ideal; hitting "Favorites" directly, and sorted by most recent with perhaps "Home" and "Work" pinned at the top, would be ideal :D

Overall, great first release and I expect you'll be continuing to refine the experience over the coming weeks and months!
KenRossSpeedy9
Send a message

Post by Kevintiobraid
Hi Mark,

Yes, its a known bug with CarPlay...hopefully it is being worked on and an update issued soon. I'm replying to User Reports daily in my area complaining that they are not getting camera alerts.
(I've been resisting the urge to tell people to get a proper Android phone... :D )
Kevintiobraid
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message
Kevin
https://s.waze.tools/s0300.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/p1000.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/betc.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

AM for South Tipperary, Waterford, South Kilkenny, Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, London
Pixel 7

Post by kevtuning
Do you know if using the second screen in Carplay is on the roadmap ? 

Today only Apple Maps supports it...  and it would be a very good add-on for Carplay users.
kevtuning
Send a message

Post by KilCor
jcousie3 wrote:Using Waze on Carplay in a 2021 Toyota Tundra from iPhone 8 running ios 14.4. Sometimes the screen shows only the map -- no additional information such as speed and limit or destination / mileage / arrival or traffic warnings and sometime all that will magically appear. I have not found a way to control whether it appears or not.
Needless to say, I would prefer to have it all on the screen -- that is why I have used Waze for years.
Waze / ios / Toyota or parts of all?
Thanks.
It may be IPhone in general. My mom uses a 2018 Nissan Altima, with an IPhone 12. She has used it for a year now, on all the different ios, and it does the same thing.
KilCor
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Hi,

Since either the latest waze update, or apple ios 13.3, I am seeing just a blank map in Waze when using carplay. All of the other UI elements work fine, like I can select a destination, submit reports, or switch to other working apps and I know the system understands where I am because turn by turn directions pop up at the bottom of the car's screen even when in another fully working app like SiriusXM or Amazon Music. I've even used Waze to set the destination but then switch out to Google maps so I have a map, but still get pop up alerts at the bottom for police and other things.

Also at night it doesn't darken. Its just a beige blank map with the UI elements around it. I thought maybe it was zoomed in way to far but when I tap the zoom out buttons nothing happens. The UI on the iPhone XS Max screen works. It shows destination options and if you unplug the usb cable it then shows the working map. So if you plug it in and then on the phone force quit it, then relaunch it from the waze carplay icon on the car's screen, it works just fine.

I even uninstalled Waze, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled Waze. That did not fix it. App Store is showing Waze 4.58 released 3 weeks ago. I have apps auto update. I have IOS 13.3 installed but don't recall when I installed that (it was fairly recent). I check for IOS updates and it says that the software is up to date. Any ideas how to get it fixed?
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by kjstech
It is persistent and there's no need to unplug the cable. You just have to open waze on the phone screen so you can swipe up and force quit it. Then you can relaunch it from the waze icon on the car's LCD screen.

I'm just waiting for someone to have a car accident fumbling with their phone troubleshooting. Waze and Apple better fix the issue or lawyer up.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by kjstech
Right now I have been force closing waze, OR the alternative is Waze still has other working areas of the UI, I can still set my destination and switch to Google maps or just have my audio app full screen. Navigation and report alerts still pop up, indicating the app is reading GPS properly.

The reason I don't pull the cable is my audio apps (SiriusXM for the most part) take awhile to load and that would interrupt the audio stream. I've had to delete Apple Music because it used to start playing built in U2 songs by itself when connecting, regardless of the last audio app used.
kjstech
Send a message

Post by krlefkowitz
For the last several weeks, whenever I use Waze on Apple Car Play, it generally crashes at least once By crashing I mean Apple Car Play just stops and I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in to get it restarted. I haven't had the problem with other apps, and the dealership couldn't find a problem and Chevrolet said they haven't heard of this being a problem.

Any ideas? I have a Chevy 2017 Bolt and a iPhone Xs Max on iOS 12.3.1

Thanks!
krlefkowitz
Send a message

Post by krzychatc
Hi guys, after the last update date 4.60 Waze on Apple Car Play is almost unusable. Speed camera warning pops up in the upper left corner, together with the other one in the bottom, and it's not possible to close it. It covers the navigational window and you don't know when is the next turn. The only solution is to disconnect the phone and connect it again.
krzychatc
Send a message
Attachments