These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kscholey1962
In the UK at least, there is a new update available from the Ford Sync3 Customer Download website.
It increases the build from 18025 to 19149 and fixes the speed display problems.

I did it yesterday.

All Good

H
kscholey1962
Send a message

Post by Labraheeler
I’ve been using Waze fairly seamlessly with my 2022 Toyota Sienna’s head unit. Until today.
Now, I cannot stream music from my phone while using the Waze navigation in CarPlay. I either have to navigate in silence or, turn off the verbal directions within Waze. It’s really annoying as I use Waze regularly to navigate around areas with high traffic. 
I was streaming radio station KEXP through their own app with 0 problems until today.  CarPlay supports the KEXP app. 
Suggestions?

Labraheeler
Send a message

Post by laspurs
Hi all,

Since the update to iOS 13.5 Waze hardly works on CarPlay. Strangely this is with both my phone and my wife's phone.

When you fire Waze up the GPS take a few mins to narrow down exactly where you are. Then it finds you. When the phone's lock screen activates it loses the GPS signal. When you reopen the lock screen it reacquires the GPS signal. It then seems to work OK for a while, even with the lock screen on. Then about 10 mins later or so it drops the GPS signal. When you unlock the phone again it reacquires it. The only problem now is it has lost your exact position and is (depending on your speed) anything from a few hundred yards to a mile behind where you actually are.

I had a 1,100 mile road trip this weekend from Houston to Chicago and tried it with both my wife's and my iPhone.

I tried a few troubleshooting tips. Reset the Location/Privacy options to default. Switched off LTE and turned it back on again. Hard reset the iPhone. Turned Background Refresh on for Waze.
Set Waze to always know my location.

Nothing seemed to help unfortunately.

If anyone had any suggestions we would really appreciate it! Doing the trip back down in two weeks and would love to have Waze back working. The iPhone's are iPhone Xs's

Thanks,
laspurs
Send a message

Post by lbsuehara
I have a 2018 Honda Pilot and started to use Waze on Carplay as soon as it was released. I was using Google Maps before. The issue I'm having right now is that the touchscreen is not responsive while I try to zoom in and out. Sometimes it works but it is very annoying trying to zoom or move the map. On the other hand, the touchscreen works completely fine for Google Maps and Maps. Is there a solution or bug already being addressed for this? Tks.
lbsuehara
Send a message

Post by LeCreaux
I have a similar issue in my 2019 Ford Raptor. I've found that sometimes the volume control DOES briefly control the navigation audio but I've not been able to consistently do it. If I bring up the "microphone" view where it shows "listening" then I can adjust the "voice volume". I've read that if you press volume while the voice is talking it will also adjust the navigation volume but that's been inconsistent also. Seems like there's got to be a consistent way to adjust navigation audio.
LeCreaux
Send a message

Post by LeCreaux
Driving a 2019 Ford Raptor with Apple CarPlay. This weekend we went to Austin using Google Maps and the volume was extremely low. Tried turning the volume up while the "spoken directions" were playing and it worked. So I went back to WAZE and specifically tried doing that and it worked every single time. Have to be fast on the volume. I specifically took wrong turns to make her reroute and it always worked.
LeCreaux
Send a message

Post by Lee_Bo
I have an Alpine iLX-W650 and currently on iOS 13 beta 3 and have no maps on the "big screen". Apparently the fix is to force close the app on the iPhone and reopen from the iPhone. Haven't tried that yet but will when I leave for lunch today.

Also, yes, Apple sets that they allow Carplay to do. The only "fix" for that would be for Apple to manufacture automotive units.

However, Carplay on iOS 13 does seem to work a little better and there are lot of enhancements.
Lee_Bo
Send a message

Post by Lee_Bo
Just installed an Alpine ILXW650 unit in my 2013 Honda CRV EXL and so far Waze on Carplay is working fine (iPhone 7+, iOS 12.4 official). I can report traffic issues, hazards and confirm/deny issues all from the screen. Haven't really gotten too technical with it yet but just wanted to pass this along.

Thanks.
Lee_Bo
Send a message

Post by Lee_Bo
iOS 13.2 dropped last week. Did you update and if you did, is it still happening?
Lee_Bo
Send a message

Post by Lee_Bo
rather-B-fishing wrote:Running iOS 13.2.3 now, apps are all updated. Yesterday every time I touched the CarPlay screen in Waze, Apple Music skipped to the next song. That was on my Alpine iLX-107. Anybody else experiencing this?
Negative with my Alpine ILX-W650.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lee_Bo
Send a message