These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Using Waze with Apple CarPlay

Post by karlcr9911
Discussions between users about Waze on Apple CarPlay.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:16787028

Send a message

Post by joloriquelme
Having the same issue with iOS 13.3 and updated Waze:

- Blank map when connect my iPhone to my Mazda.
- Force closing the App and opening again fixes this, but I have to do it every time I got into the car.
joloriquelme
Send a message

Post by jsarmonk
Did you ever resolve this? I have an after-market Pioneer and have the GPS antenna installed under the dashboard. Some times it works and sometimes the GPS can't locate the car. Sometimes it works for 10 minutes and then loses it in mid-stream and sometimes, it never finds the car. The GPS always works on the IPHONE when NOT connected to the Apple CarPlay...
jsarmonk
Send a message

Post by jsclarke99
Recently (since Waze update perhaps)- my 2017 Mercedes Benz E300 shows speeds in the Waze speedometer almost DOUBLE than actual. Yesterday Waze said we were doing 116 MPH (I wish!), when we were actually doing 60. Removing the iPhone Xs from Carplay- speed shows correctly. Connecting to the MB- speed is way off. Mercedes makes changes VERY infrequently and since this worked fine for years before- I hope Waze addresses this and doesn't "pass the buck". Thanks.
jsclarke99
Send a message

Post by JWXYZ85
Love Waze and been a user for years - especially love that its now integrated into CarPlay, however the interface could use a few improvements. I am sure others have input, but specifically I have 2 opportunities:

1) TBT notifications pop-up from the bottom - which is very frustrating while I am in a different app as this blocks the controls I need to use with the banner. Either have the banner slide down from the right side or the top, or all an option to turn this off. I feel perhaps this is a system limitation? It would be better if the active app window shrunk down slightly to accommodate the banner instead...
2) I am unable to report road closures, etc. or which side of the road a hazard is located on.

Thanks!
JWXYZ85
Send a message

Post by KarlBalo
I just got the IOS 12 update and now Waze takes over my car screen every-time I use it.

I want Waze displayed on my phone only so I can use the car screen for my music. Is this possible? Please help!
KarlBalo
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
darrenjuggins wrote:For some reason whilst on my guided route, the arrow vanished, but when I completed that route, I planned another one and it returned, so probably a bug.
Hi,

The missing arrow icon has been an issue for some time now and a known bug by Waze...just still hasn't been fixed.

Many other items from the app will be available in CarPlay in future releases. This is just the initial offering. Thanks for the feedback.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
@nlevake

This was a requirement from Apple that if an on-board navigation system is used/recognized, that it will take priority and Waze must stop providing navigation. If Google Maps has somehow gotten around this, not sure how but Waze devs said they were specifically prevented from doing this.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
jardelig wrote:Hi everyone.

I have a problem with this new version on iphone 4S ios version 9.3.5, in the moment the app is calculing the route, the app crash.

Actually only can use waze to see the map, but cant calculate route for my home, for example.

Ty.
Hi, can you toggle on debug mode (search in the app 2##2 just like you're searching for an address). Then, start the app up like you normally do. Once it crashes again, submit your logs and let me know your app username if different than here. If you don't want to provide it here, please send it to me in a PM. Thank you!
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
skidak wrote:@karlcr9911
I am experiencing the same and already submitted reports they way you described. (Submitted them to Waze right now and about 7 hours ago)

What iPhone & what OS? Also, is your waze app username skidak? I'll make sure staff sees the logs.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message