These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Inactive user -1682669644-
On recent versions of Waze I notice issues related to CarPlay audio on 2 different cars.
On one of them, the audio maximum volume is limited to a very low level when using Waze.
This occurs occasionally.
On the 2nd car, occasionally the audio will come out of the RIGHT side only once Waze is initiated.
Terminating the APP resolves this issue (Mazda Infotainment system).

Any help regarding a solution is appreciated!

Inactive user -1682669644-
Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1682669644-
tamastom86 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:31 am Workaround:
Turn off bluetooth and every other access level (except location and mobile data obviously) in your iphone’s waze settings:
Go to Settings —> Waze -> Allow access to Waze section

Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue.
I have found a Youtube video showing a simple workaround based on pressing the "Voice assistance" button on the steering wheel followed by  pressing the "End call" button. For me this works every time.
Inactive user -1682669644-
Send a message

Post by a2220023
how do I get the fixed beta version?
a2220023
Send a message

Post by a2220023
I did thanks. But the message is stuck in the outbox. I guess I have to wait for the official release.
a2220023
Send a message

Post by a2220023
Any idea when the Apple store version will be released ?
a2220023
Send a message

Post by a2220023
any idea as when the new version will be released? shall we keep using google maps?
a2220023
Send a message

Post by a2220023
karlcr9911 wrote:
a2220023 wrote:any idea as when the new version will be released? shall we keep using google maps?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=267276&start=210#p1881715
its already next week :shock:
a2220023
Send a message

Post by a2220023
Google has released a new verion and Waze is still snoozing. I will move to google for navigation.
a2220023
Send a message

Post by ab123ga
I tested the latest version and the speedometer was accurate for me. However my main issue /w Waze and carplay is when you have a trip in place and go to another screen (ex iheart radio) the pop up distance and next turn 1) is very slow to come up...sometimes you already turned when it comes up and 2) when it does it stays on too long with the turn you just performed. Sometimes up to 10 seconds after you have already turned. This makes Waze/carplay pretty impossible to use especially in city driving with lots of turns.

A lessor reason I don't use Waze is it does not have lane assist. Not a deal breaker but just another reason Waze is hard to use /w carplay.
ab123ga
Send a message

Post by ab_normally
Just wanted to add my voice from the UK in regards to the display issues on CarPlay. I drive a 2018 SEAT Leon, right-hand drive.

I’m experiencing the same problem of the speed limit indicator being obscured by the black turn directions box in the top right of the screen. If there was a way of specifying right or left-hand drive in the settings so the speed limit indicator moved to the other side, that would be great.

As others have said, it would be great if the part of the map showing the current location and route ahead could be offset to the left (for right-hand drive), as it is in Apple Maps and Google Maps, so that right-hand turns ahead are not obscured by the black boxes.

Thanks!
ab_normally
Send a message