Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by alemao_ac
FiveVWBugs wrote:Just installed the waze release for CarPlay. I have 2 vehicles with CarPlay. A 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and a 2018 outback by Subaru. Before the CarPlay waze release, I was able to plug my iPhone into the Outback USB port for power and run waze on the phone and the speedometer read the correct speed and the speed limit appeared when I exceeded the speed limit. In my truck, plugging the phone into the truck usb forced the actual speed to be off by about 45% so if I was going 70, waze on my phone would only show 40ish. Had to use non truck usb power to power my phone so waze would show correct speed.
With the waze CarPlay version and no speedometer available I think the above issue is still existing in that if I use the truck USB port and CarPlay and the speed limit is let’s say 40, the speed limit will not appear in the screen until 70ish. Something in the truck system appears to be interfering with how the phone is processing actual speed.
My outback is working fine. Just wish Apple or whoever would allow the actual speed to be shown.
it seems that the question of half speed, or 45% speed, when an iPhone is connected to the car is a problem only for GM cars (chevrolet, opel, etc.). As in android auto everything works perfectly ... I have doubts about who is responsible for this error.
alemao_ac
Send a message

Post by alemao_ac
alemao_ac wrote:waze is considering half of velocity when conected with carplay.

Waze in the cell phone without usb connection - ok
Waze in carplay interface - nok
Waze in cell phone and carplay connected - nok
Waze in android auto interface in the same car - ok
Waze in cell phone and android auto connected - ok

The problem exists in my car since 2016. For any reason , when I connect the cell phone with usb in my Chevrolet Cruze (MyLink 2), the waze consider half of the real speed (both interfaces, cellphone and carplay).

The same car with waze and android auto , everything is ok!

So I’ve never received a speed limit alert (sound).

Does anyone report this problem ?
it seems that the question of half speed, or 40% speed, when an iPhone is connected to the car is a problem only for GM cars (chevrolet, opel, etc.). As in android auto everything works perfectly ... I have doubts about who is responsible for this error.
alemao_ac
Send a message

Post by alexhypp
Yes. Please. Waze is an amazing app but compatibility is key to functionality. You’ve had great updates so I’m sure someone’s working on this. Is there a time estimate or can we confirm that this feature is coming out?
alexhypp
Send a message

Post by AlexNinja642
At this moment, no. I don’t know if third party apps can use the dashboard possibilities.
AlexNinja642
Send a message

Post by amyylouise
I was using Waze today and once I knew where I was going, I stopped navigation to save data.
A few minutes later, a red light alert popped up. This obviously alerted me to the fact that Waze was still running in the background even though I had stopped navigation and switched to a different app on CarPlay. Now I know why I flew through my data last month!
Is there a way to stop Waze from running in the background on Apple CarPlay?
amyylouise
Send a message

Post by amyylouise
Mvan231 wrote:
amyylouise wrote:I was using Waze today and once I knew where I was going, I stopped navigation to save data.
A few minutes later, a red light alert popped up. This obviously alerted me to the fact that Waze was still running in the background even though I had stopped navigation and switched to a different app on CarPlay. Now I know why I flew through my data last month!
The only way to do this is to actually "Power Off" Waze from the menu in the app. If you merely stop the navigation or leave the app and switch to another app, it stays running in the background so it can help contribute data. Depending on your plan size, I would be surprised if Waze was the culprit of your high data usage. I use Waze everyday to and from work (25 miles each way) also on my long drives a few times a month (4+ hours each way) and usually only reach around 300-400 MB of data usage each month from Waze.
Thanks! I checked how much data Waze has been using and it wasn't even the culprit lol
amyylouise
Send a message

Post by amyylouise
Green_Sub wrote:
amyylouise wrote:I was using Waze today and once I knew where I was going, I stopped navigation to save data.
I try to stay on top of my iPhone data use, as I no longer have an unlimited plan. Visit Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data to see where the bytes are going. Also take a look at Settings, Privacy, Location Services, Waze and make sure it's set to "While Using" and not to "Always"
Thanks! :D
amyylouise
Send a message

Post by AndreasW1
Hi guys!

I have tried to scan the whole post but it's simple tooo large.

I have a small problem with Waze on CarPlay. I'm driving a Ford Kuga 2017 and sometimes when I connect the phone, or specially when I let my phone connected and turn off and and the car again, Waze start normally, and works with GPS but there is no controls what so ever in Waze and no way to move the maps or do basically anything within Waze.

The only thing to do is to unplug the phone from the car and plug it in again and then it's working.

Someone else with the same issue?
AndreasW1
Send a message

Post by AndreasW1
AndreasW1 wrote:Hi guys!

I have tried to scan the whole post but it's simple tooo large.

I have a small problem with Waze on CarPlay. I'm driving a Ford Kuga 2017 and sometimes when I connect the phone, or specially when I let my phone connected and turn off and and the car again, Waze start normally, and works with GPS but there is no controls what so ever in Waze and no way to move the maps or do basically anything within Waze.

The only thing to do is to unplug the phone from the car and plug it in again and then it's working.

Someone else with the same issue?
I answer myself. A solution is open the the app on the phone and kill the app and then start waze in carplay again. But it is really really enoying to do that every single time. I also updated Fords software in the car today if that was the problem... But no....
AndreasW1
Send a message

Post by AndreasW1
jbehr56 wrote:
I have the same issue in my GMC, this is not an issue with Fords... Well, Fords are an issue in general, LOL, but this is not exclusive to them :)
That's "nice" to hear that it's not a Ford issue :D :D :D
AndreasW1
Send a message