These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Post by rather-B-fishing
I’ve been running iOS 13 with Waze and CarPlay and it seems to have a reroute issue. Waze doesn’t automatically reroute when I go off course. The written directions on my iPhone don’t change and the map on the CarPlay display shows me off course and the little window upper left keeps repeating the turn I didn’t take. I have to go to the route selection function to get it to reroute. Anybody else? I looked through settings on my iPhone and don’t see anything related.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Mvan231 wrote:
rather-B-fishing wrote:I’ve been running iOS 13 with Waze and CarPlay and it seems to have a reroute issue. Waze doesn’t automatically reroute when I go off course. The written directions on my iPhone don’t change and the map on the CarPlay display shows me off course and the little window upper left keeps repeating the turn I didn’t take. I have to go to the route selection function to get it to reroute. Anybody else? I looked through settings on my iPhone and don’t see anything related.
Did you have a network connection issue?
Not that I know of. No messages about connection issues and the map was showing my current location, just not on the route. I’ll try it again later today.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
All is well today, rerouting worked fine. No idea if it was bad service area from flooded cell towers yesterday or if restarting my iPhone this morning fixed it.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
WWFSMD wrote:Twice on a recent trip, I tried to hit the “Thanks” button but happened to hit a bump and tapped “Not there” by mistake. I’ve never had this happen on the iPhone app, where the buttons are side by side rather than above and below, but on CarPlay (at least in my 2017 Volt) one is right on top of the other. I’d like to see them side by side, or placed a bit apart, so I don’t accidentally contradict a valid warning.
That happens to me more often than I’d like to admit too. Sometimes when I’m just trying to say thanks because that box is blocking my remaining drive time and I just want to get the box out of the way for something that’s a 1/2 mile up the road.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Durmant wrote:Hello,

On both my iPhone XS and 11 Pro when I’m using CarPlay the speedometer on the app shows correct most of the time but has spikes where it is 15mph high. It’s been happening for a year but I thought it was something wrong with my XS. Apparently it’s not since the 11 Pro is doing it too. I drive a 2019 Jeep Cherokee with the 8.4 screen. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on?
I have an XS Max and a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk and use Waze with CarPlay every day. I haven’t noticed what you are describing but I’ll start watching for it. I do know from my Alpine after market head unit with CarPlay in my Wrangler that when connected to CarPlay the GPS antennae connected to the head unit takes over so your issue is not the phone. I figured that out while driving off-road in remote areas in Utah and Colorado with multiple iPhones and iPads running for GPS mapping and ended up buying an external Bluetooth GPS antenna for the devices not connected to CarPlay. They were way off the trail when far from cell towers prior to the Bluetooth antenna addition. The CarPlay connected iPhone was always spot on accurate. They are all accurate now with the Bluetooth antenna. I’m not suggesting you get a Bluetooth antenna because it won’t help your issue, I’m just describing this to tell you the issue is likely with the GPS antenna or head unit or something in the vehicle that’s malfunctioning. I’m not sure where the GPS antennae is located in your Cherokee but make sure it has an unobstructed view of the sky.

I’m frustrated trying to get Waze to work with CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts, there are definitely bugs that need to be worked out.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Trippcatcom wrote:Am I the only one who is so frustrated with the way Waze hijacks the audio when you connect your phone to CarPlay? I’ve attempted to turn off every Waze audio setting and it still causes my radio to switch from whatever I’m listening to and redirect audio to my phone. This forces about 4 clicks to get my radio station back on and then more clicks to get back to CarPlay and navigation.

If I kill the Waze app before connecting my phone, CarPlay keeps my radio station playing, but as soon as I launch the Waze app, the audio gets redirected.

iPhone 10xs max iOS 13... Ford Mustang sync 3 and Ford Edge sync 3, and an even worse experience with a Kenwood aftermarket radio system.
I haven’t experienced that ever with my XS Max and Waze/CarPlay in my 2019 Grand Cherokee with OEM head unit or my other vehicle with aftermarket Alpine head unit.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Running iOS 13.2.3 now, apps are all updated. Yesterday every time I touched the CarPlay screen in Waze, Apple Music skipped to the next song. That was on my Alpine iLX-107. Anybody else experiencing this?
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
rather-B-fishing wrote:Running iOS 13.2.3 now, apps are all updated. Yesterday every time I touched the CarPlay screen in Waze, Apple Music skipped to the next song. That was on my Alpine iLX-107. Anybody else experiencing this?
I tried this again yesterday and it didn’t skip to the next song. Don’t know if my iPhone just needed to be restarted or what might have caused it to begin with. Worked fine yesterday.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Is there any way to stop telephone calls from taking over the CarPlay display? Some times I have to stop phone calls to get back to Waze for directions, and I can’t give the person on the call my ETA because I can’t see the Waze screen during the call.

I don’t know if this has been discussed previously under this thread, I tried searching and didn’t find anything.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message