Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jefmedia
Yup, Waze is on the Dashboard, they also added Amazon Music to the supported Music Players
jefmedia
Send a message

Post by jeroenberger1409
Hello! I need help :-) I am using Waze with Carplay in my Skoda Enyaq.
But everytime I get in my car, my radio starts with music, Carplay is connecting and after connecting Waze starts automatically but my radio stops.
I always have to go the radio again to get music again and this problem is only with Waze.
Because when Google Maps, TomTom or Maps is the latest used navigation in my car, the radio to not stops with the music, only when I used Waze the last time in my car.
thanks!
jeroenberger1409
Send a message

Post by Jethro95
I have the same speedometer issue in my 2018 Ford F-150. Waze reports around 5mph higher speeds than the vehicle speedometer.
Jethro95
Send a message

Post by jgreg7
I have been using Waze with Carplay for a while. Now that Autozoom is fixed, it works well. However, I have two items that I would like some help on:

1. On the Carplay display, there is a large navigation block on the left side of the screen that obscures most of the screen. Between that and the block on the lower-left side, I loose half of the screen, and the map info below that.

Is there a way to reduce, or remove this navigation block?

2. On the iPhone app, it is possible to pull down the next series of turns to see where you may be going (very handy if the turns are close together). I have missed a few turns since the app takes a few moments to update after a turn, and gives me the next turn too late.

Is there a way to do this using Carplay?
jgreg7
Send a message

Post by JJ-BAD-BOY
Hi, I have a Range Rover Valar 2020 model.. I would be grateful if somebody can help with Waze with apple car play, it works 10% of the time,  but 90% of the time no speaking directions / audio ? Google maps works fine ! Thanks in advance:)
JJ-BAD-BOY
Send a message

Post by jm6087
I can't speak for Apple Car Play but that feature has not been removed from the actual Waze App.

You might want to make sure that the option is turned on in your app. It is under the speedometer settings.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ajimmy19 wrote:Spot traffic issue and speed during traffic issue. I submitted thru map error, and SunDevil2213 has very bad mood and want to closed the issue without resolving this.
Please do not post duplicate reports in different threads. Nothing you mentioned has anything to do with Apple CarPlay.

I already replied to your other thread.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
perfectreign wrote:Hey, i noticed something today that I hadn't seen before. On my CarPlay integrated screen, I see these red colored icons on various roads. The roads aren't closed. Any idea what they are?
Do they look like railroad crossing signs?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
perfectreign wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
perfectreign wrote:Hey, i noticed something today that I hadn't seen before. On my CarPlay integrated screen, I see these red colored icons on various roads. The roads aren't closed. Any idea what they are?
Do they look like railroad crossing signs?
They look like road closure signs, yet the roads are not closed.

I'd post an image but the stupid bbcode keeps failing on my hosting sites.
Can you provide a location that you are seeing them so we can look closer?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
BrendanA1975 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 pm You need to add "Road Closure" to the CarPlay reporting menu.  Came across two road closures/detours that Waze didn't know about and, using CarPlay, couldn't accurately report them.

This forum is monitored by volunteers, not Staff.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ