These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Unable to enable voice-commands

Post by Praevalens
I seem to have a version of Waze in which there is no option to enable voice-commands. I live in the Netherlands but my phone and account languages are all set to English. I am unable to find any option in the settings menu to enable voice-commands.

I've searched around on the internet and don't seem to be able to find any information that states voice-commands are limited to certain countries.

This is quite an app breaking problem since I am now unable to safely make reports or start navigation.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Edit: I have a Galaxy S7 & release 4.43.1.1 of Waze
Praevalens

POSTER_ID:17590746

Send a message

Post by SimonVerzijl
You can find it under “geluid en stem” —> “spraakbediening”
Dutch is a supported language, have been using it for over a year.
This is on iOS.
Only thing I have problem with is to enable it via 3-finger click since I moved to iPhone XS, but the “wave” option to enable it is now working (although for me waving seems to be meaning something different than Waze means, I just have to hold my hand in front of camera once. Waving does nothing and makes me look stupid in the car:)
SimonVerzijl
Send a message

Post by trainman74
Praevalens wrote:I've searched around on the internet and don't seem to be able to find any information that states voice-commands are limited to certain countries.
Here's the official answer from Waze support.

That answer is that, unfortunately, they are limited to certain English-speaking countries (U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand); you can't get them in any other country even if you are set to English.
trainman74
Send a message