Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Zebios
I would love to be able to read my messages too. Even on the desktop would suffice. But overall Waze has made a remarkable difference to my commute, so message reading isn't a big deal.

Best IPTV - IPTV Canada

Zebios
Send a message
Last edited by Zebios on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by ZevaKi
Unfortunately, Windows Phone is no longer supported by Waze, whom apparently are not interested to run Waze on that platform. This is something that Google as being doing for years for their applications: removing or not developing for Windows Phone.

Sorry, but this is the truth behind the shadows.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
ZevaKi
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
--==>>ZevaKi<<==--

Post by zipgenius
Hey Waze! Sit down and lusten to me carefully.
I'm a long time Waze user. I installed it on my Galaxy S1 back in 2010, then I used it until today on my Galaxy S4 (since 2013). Now I have a Lumia 950 XL. After 5 years on Android, I decided to switch to Windows 10 Mobile because: a) it's a really enoyable and stable OS; b) Lumia 950 is a great device.
Lots of people have switched OS the same way, so Windows 10 Mobile is going to increase its market share.
It's a shame that you still offer a non-working WP8 app on Windows Store: if you really don't want us Windows users, you can simply remove your app and goodbye. We can live even without your product because there are plenty of good alternatives out there. But... the huge number of post in this thread just means one thing: people loves Waze and your decision to abandon a large group of NEW Windows users (like me) is just shameful. Now it's up to you: release a great and updated Waze app for Windows (maybe a Universal App) or just kill it, delete it from Windows store and don't advertise it in your home page anymore.
zipgenius
Send a message

Post by zkteh
Here's the reply from waze team when I try to report an issue in waze via Windows Phone.
Dear Wazer,
Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,

The Waze Support Team
If you think like that, the installation rate will become lesser and lesser. Because the problem is outdated Waze caused problem to them. If you see the top rated app, there's 100k of reviews and that's only reviews rate.

And every WP fan knows the thing is that Google is actually controlling Waze even they claimed that they are self maaged after the acquisition from Google.

To conclude,
" Scroogled Waze: No plans for Windows Phone app update "

Still hopping in Windows 10.
zkteh
Send a message
Last edited by zkteh on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Zogab50
thank you to update Waze on WP 8.1 !
the last update is 25/02/2014, V. 3.7.4.5 .... 1 year
Zogab50
Send a message