Northbound Okemos Road closed

Post by IAmSolinox
Northbound Okemos Rd. from Holt Rd. to north of Sandhill Rd. is now closed and under construction. Southbound Okemos Rd. is still open. Part of this has been closed for a while, and the southern part just closed today. I've been trying to stay on top of it with the closure feature in the app, but the closures I put in keep disappearing, and it can use up precious time going around this area if you get routed through it. Some of the map editors helped take care of the northern closures today, but recommended that I bring the issue here in the future. The area south to Holt Rd. just closed today, with holes ripped into the road all along the length. Can we get this into the main map system so I don't have to play with the closure feature in the app? I can update here when it is back open, I drive that stretch of road almost daily.
IAmSolinox

POSTER_ID:17031707

Send a message

Post by Doryphore_6
Would you post a permalink please? I don't recognize the road names.

Doryphore_6
Doryphore_6
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Doryphore_6
I think I have the correct segments closed. Would you please confirm?
Doryphore_6
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
IAmSolinox wrote:Northbound Okemos Rd. from Holt Rd. to north of Sandhill Rd. is now closed and under construction. Southbound Okemos Rd. is still open. Part of this has been closed for a while, and the southern part just closed today. I've been trying to stay on top of it with the closure feature in the app, but the closures I put in keep disappearing, and it can use up precious time going around this area if you get routed through it. Some of the map editors helped take care of the northern closures today, but recommended that I bring the issue here in the future. The area south to Holt Rd. just closed today, with holes ripped into the road all along the length. Can we get this into the main map system so I don't have to play with the closure feature in the app? I can update here when it is back open, I drive that stretch of road almost daily.

Here is the PermaLink to the roads.

They are closed until 9/7 in Waze, please let us know if they run over or are opened before that.

I only closed northbound as that is what your message implies.

Thanks for letting us know.

The reason your app closure didn't stick is to be honest... App closures suck. Several people would have to report it as closed, and even then I am not sure how long it would stick.

Best bet is to come here like you did and let us know, we have better methods of closing it. :)

-Ski
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png