Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Plat Entrances

Post by LarrySCool6
My Update.jpg
My Update
(111.12 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
OK, I'm a new to Waze and the community so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this question. When I downloaded Waze to my phone I noticed that several streets in my area were shown as one way(which they are not, nor have ever been) so decided to do some map editing. Still waiting on approval for those but started to do some digging around and fixing other map problems. My question is which is more important, simplicity or accuracy? Many plats in my area have short entrances with boulevards and one way streets. These are usually fairly short, less than 200 feet or so. Is it better to have it mapped 100% accurately with 2 one way roads or better for routing in Waze to just leave it as one simple two way road?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Larry S
LarrySCool6

POSTER_ID:17121833

Send a message

Post by hitfactor
Larry,

Thanks for posting. If a simple solution will give the correct results then simple is the way to go.

When I first started mapping I thought the accuracy was most important. But, Waze is a commuter app, and getting from one place to the other is the goal.

Getting back to your neighborhood - does the divided road in and out of your neighborhood add value?

I'm going to send you a PM in a bit.
hitfactor
Send a message

Post by LarrySCool6
Thanks for the info. Makes sense, just wasn't sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LarrySCool6
Send a message