I-96 Closed Nights Starting Aug 12

Post by robc007
I just saw this pop up a few minutes ago. It is outside my editing area. Also, the ramps mentioned in the text are missing from the Waze map. Good opportunity to drive in pave mode.

I-96 TOTAL CLOSURE
To: 8/15/2013, 4 AM
Location: Eastbound I-96 from 2.5 miles east of Pinckney Road (Exit 137) to Grand River Avenue (Exit 140).
Description: Expect a freeway closure nightly from 10 PM to 4 AM for bridge beam placement.
Detour: The detour is free flowing off and back onto eastbound I-96 at the newly constructed Latson Road ramps.

I-96 TOTAL CLOSURE
To: 8/20/2013, 5 AM
Location: Westbound I-96 from Grand River Avenue (Exit 140) to 1 mile west of Exit 140.
Description: Expect a freeway closure nightly from 11 PM to 5 AM for bridge beam placement.
Detour: The detour is free flowing off and back onto eastbound I-96 at the newly constructed Latson Road ramps.
robc007

POSTER_ID:16018200

Send a message
Level 3 Traveler

robc007
Send a message
Level 3 Traveler

Post by sketch
Have those Latson Road ramps been added yet? Since the closure is in the middle of an exit it shouldn't be too big a deal.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Any idea whether the bridge has been built yet?

edit I'm going to guess no, based on the fact that they're placing beams for it.

Anyway, I've added it as best I could based on the MDOT project flyer. Might not be perfect, but based on the location of the railroad I figure it's pretty accurate. When we get some GPS tracks in up there we can tweak it.

edit again Actually, much better aerial project image on the presentation. I'm going off that. Should be done in a minute or two.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!