Best way to solve being routed off and onto Highway

Post by keeegs
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 6,23211846

What would be the best way to avoid waze routing off and then back on to the highway? I was thinking about connecting the on ramp to the Pearl St. intersection so I could deny the turn but it could be slightly confusing for users that use voice directions.
keeegs
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8697085

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
West Michigan Area Manager
Moto X 4.4.4 - Vzw

Post by keeegs
sketch wrote:Rename this segment "US-131 N".

Waze has a detour prevention function that prohibits this sort of behavior, but it is not working here because the names of the two segments that bracket the detour do not have the same name. The prevention mechanism works with segments that have the same name and city name.
kodi75 wrote:Join this on-ramp segment directly to Pearl St NW at the beginning of the Scribner Ave junction and disallow traffic from the exit ramp to that on-ramp.
That's not a good idea -- then you won't get the "keep left" to get onto the freeway.
Thanks for the info, didn't know about this detour prevention mechanism in Waze, I've changed the segment so this should no longer happen.
keeegs
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
West Michigan Area Manager
Moto X 4.4.4 - Vzw

Post by kodi75
Join this on-ramp segment directly to Pearl St NW at the beginning of the Scribner Ave junction and disallow traffic from the exit ramp to that on-ramp.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by sketch
Rename this segment "US-131 N".

Waze has a detour prevention function that prohibits this sort of behavior, but it is not working here because the names of the two segments that bracket the detour do not have the same name. The prevention mechanism works with segments that have the same name and city name.
kodi75 wrote:Join this on-ramp segment directly to Pearl St NW at the beginning of the Scribner Ave junction and disallow traffic from the exit ramp to that on-ramp.
That's not a good idea -- then you won't get the "keep left" to get onto the freeway.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
It's not well known, in fact, the global champs group didn't even know quite how it worked until a few days ago.

It also depends on city name—so if the freeway segments on either side of the ramp are in different cities, the prevention mechanism won't work. For that reason, some editors have been removing the city names from all freeway segments—since there aren't any addresses on freeways, the city it's in isn't really important.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!