Beta WME help needed

Post by Riamus
Can someone who has beta access to WME in the Grayling, MI area give me a hand? There are two groups of multiple wrong driving direction URs there that are clearly showing Waze trying to tell the person to turn around because there's a better route. I would like to find out where the driver is going (at least a general location) so I can see if there is any real problem or if the driver just didn't know or didn't care there was a better route.

Location 1 (7 URs in a row)
Location 2 (4 URs in a row)

My guess is that Waze thinks using M-72 is faster, but it may be something else. I also believe this is the same person in both instances considering there are multiple URs in a row in each instance that are just one day apart. I could just mark these as not identified, but I'd rather be able to reach out to the person first.
Riamus

POSTER_ID:15432741

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.

Post by Riamus
The road type has already been updated after the majority of those reports were made, which may have resolved the problems already. But when it keeps trying route you into the opposite direction, it sounds more like an issue where they Waze thinks there's a better route and you're ignoring Waze. The change to the road type may have fixed most of that as well. But without a general idea of where they were going, I can't really tell if it's fixed or not.

And thanks for checking with the user for me. I can't wait to have access to message the people reporting errors. It will make it far easier to find and fix any problems. And for that matter, also to educate the users in situations where we currently have no way to fix the problem so they don't just keep reporting the same thing over and over.
Riamus
Send a message

Post by Riamus
Yeah, and most of the primary streets had been Streets previously, which was even worse. Hopefully they'll reply back with details. And now that everyone has the conversations, I can get details on all of the rest of the URs. Yay!
Riamus
Send a message

Post by sketch
It looks like a road type problem. I'll send them a message.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Well, in particular, it seems like the user is trying to go somewhere maybe south of Lovells, and maybe some of those primary streets are a bit faster (or at least more direct) than any of the Minor Highways around there. That looks like, ballpark, at least a 25 mile drive—too long for Primary Streets.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!