[Script] WME GIS Layers

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME GIS Layers

Postby MapOMatic » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 pm

This script will add GIS layers to WME for states and counties that provide a public ESRI/ArcGIS interface. Typically, these layers include tax parcels (often with address labels) and/or address points, but may be expanded to include more information in the future.

Install: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/369632-wme-gis-layers

Once installed:
  1. Go to the "Settings" tab and select the state(s) for which you want to view GIS layers.
  2. Go to the "Layers" tab and select the layers you wish to view*.
*note: most layers are only visible once zoomed in to a certain level.

There is a power button icon on the GIS-L tab button. You can click that to disable/enable displaying of the layers.

Thanks to ggrane for doing the majority of the work to date, to hunt down available layers for many states. We are continuing to add states, so please stay tuned if you don't see yours yet. We are using the list of GIS sites from the state spreadsheets linked in the WME GIS Buttons script as the starting point in the search for layers:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21228-wme-gis-buttons

If you are aware of new sites not listed there or find broken links, please work with your state managers to get the WME GIS Buttons spreadsheet updated. If you find sites that aren't appropriate for WME GIS Buttons, but might work for WME GIS Layers, feel free to post them here or send them to me in Discord.

Thanks!
Last edited by MapOMatic on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
[ img ] [ img ]

AM Central KY | CM USA
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [Script] WME GIS Layers

Postby rmeatc_2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 pm

This script is excellent. Only have Kingsville, TX in there for my state but it is pretty handy.
rmeatc_2

Postby SunnyRaynbows » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 pm

I appreciate all the work that has gone into this. A very helpful too!
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
US Country Manager
Kansas State Manager
Plains Region
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
SunnyRaynbows
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby jangliss » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 am

rmeatc_2 wrote:This script is excellent. Only have Kingsville, TX in there for my state but it is pretty handy.

I'm working on other counties and cities at the moment for TX.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Postby jbayes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 pm

I've noticed that with the latest release of WME FU, the list of resources in GIS Layers has gotten moved around so that some of them share a line.

[ img ]

I think it has to do with a change that was made to resolve an issue when trying set routing preference when using ClickSaver.

iainhouse wrote:Lastly there are bug fixes for problems noted above that affected the positioning of button text and the layout of small elements like routing preference (when using ClickSaver) and average speed camera checkboxes.

Is there a change you can make in GIS Layers to fix this display?
jbayes

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Was working OK for me yesterday, but is not working today. Only known change was that I added the Street Vector Layer script. After discovering GIS-L was not working, I first disabled, and then removed Street Vector, but still no joy.

I'm not sure there is a relationship/conflict between the two scripts , or maybe there is a transient extrernal data availability issue for GIS-L? Anyone else having related issues?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mincho77 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:38 pm

MapOMatic wrote:This script will add GIS layers to WME for states and counties that provide a public ESRI/ArcGIS interface. Typically, these layers include tax parcels (often with address labels) and/or address points, but may be expanded to include more information in the future.

Install: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37072-wme-gis-layers

Once installed:
  1. Go to the "Settings" tab and select the state(s) for which you want to view GIS layers.
  2. Go to the "State Layers" tab and select the layers.

There is a power button icon on the GIS-L tab button. You can click that to disable/enable displaying of the layers.

Thanks to ggrane for doing the majority of the work to date, to hunt down available layers for many states. We are continuing to add states, so please stay tuned if you don't see yours yet. We are using the list of GIS sites from the state spreadsheets linked in the WME GIS script as the starting point in the search for layers:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21228-wme-gis

If you are aware of new sites not listed there or find broken links, please work with your state managers to get the WME GIS spreadsheet updated. If you find sites that aren't appropriate for WME GIS, but might work for WME GIS Layers, feel free to post them here or send them to me in Discord.

Thanks!
Does it allows me to load shape files?
Mauricio Otálvaro
[ img ]
Waze Global Champ/Country Manager/Mentor/Localizator/Beta Tester
Email: mincho77@gmail.com
[ img ] [ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
mincho77
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby jbayes » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

No, this script doesn't allow you to load anything into it. This displays supported info from supported GIS sources directly on the map without loading anything locally.

If you would like to load shapefiles, you will need to use WME Geometries.
jbayes

Postby SeveriorumPatrem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 pm

SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Was working OK for me yesterday, but is not working today. Only known change was that I added the Street Vector Layer script. After discovering GIS-L was not working, I first disabled, and then removed Street Vector, but still no joy.

I'm not sure there is a relationship/conflict between the two scripts , or maybe there is a transient extrernal data availability issue for GIS-L? Anyone else having related issues?

Today it is working again. 8-)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
The Grumpy Dad
The more I learn, the more I discover how much I don't know.
SeveriorumPatrem
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby YourEvilTwinFTW » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:28 am

Great script, thanks for all the work you've put in on this one.

Is is possible to get GIS Layer added to the layers list on the right to quickly disable/enable the layers?

That way you could disable/enable without having to switch tabs and click each of the boxes to turn them back on.
YourEvilTwinFTW

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts