These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MatoRV
karlcr9911 wrote:Official feedback thread for v4.43.4 w/ Apple CarPlay support.
Hi karlcr9911, If you don´t mind, I'll ask you some questions ....

The voice search command does not appear in Carplay. All the users that I know in Argentina have the same problem, even if we have activated the command in the configuration.

We also do not have the option to add a stop on the route. It only appears on the cell phone, which ends up functioning as a pleasing screen.

Can Waze make these restrictions for different countries?
I am surprised that here in Argentina it has fewer functions than in the USA.

Last question: why does the version for Carplay have no map error reports and Android Auto does?

Thanks for your reply and regards
MatoRV
Send a message

Post by MatoRV
karlcr9911 wrote:
MatoRV wrote:
karlcr9911 wrote:Official feedback thread for v4.43.4 w/ Apple CarPlay support.
Hi karlcr9911, If you don´t mind, I'll ask you some questions ....

The voice search command does not appear in Carplay. All the users that I know in Argentina have the same problem, even if we have activated the command in the configuration.

We also do not have the option to add a stop on the route. It only appears on the cell phone, which ends up functioning as a pleasing screen.

Can Waze make these restrictions for different countries?
I am surprised that here in Argentina it has fewer functions than in the USA.

Last question: why does the version for Carplay have no map error reports and Android Auto does?

Thanks for your reply and regards
Voice search from CarPlay is only available to English-speaking countries currently.
Adding a stop is not yet an option within CarPlay.

All the functionality within the app will never be available in CarPlay but more and more features will be released. This is just version 1.
Thank you very much for answering.

Regarding the issue of adding a stop on the route, I leave you a picture of the website carplaylife where they posted a screenshot with that function and its corresponding explanation. For that reason I asked ...

This is the publication with the review

http://www.carplaylife.com/feature/waze ... lkthrough/
MatoRV
Send a message

Post by Matthewjones76
I was about to post the same issue!
Matthewjones76
Send a message

Post by Matthewjones76
Using waze through Carplay, under the report function it doesnt seem possible to report a speed camera?

Additionally the speed limit indicator is hidden by the turn notification in the top left.
Matthewjones76
Send a message

Post by Matthewjones76
And on my peugeot 2008 and Ford ranger.
Matthewjones76
Send a message

Post by Matthewjones76
It doesnt seem possible to report a speedcamera through Carplay?
Matthewjones76
Send a message

Post by MattinFLL
loco57 wrote:Hello, after updating my Iphone to IOS 14.4, I have a strange issue: when the app starts in Carplay, it not possible to do anything (no search bar, no notification icon,...) starting and closing the app on the phone makes the app work fine , but it is not a solution...
SAME HERE - I have been searching for answers to this and have not had any luck. Cloing and reopening the app has stopped working for me. The problem has been getting worse over the past week to the point where I now have to use Google maps.
MattinFLL
Send a message

Post by MauricioCGB
michael-hull wrote:I don’t think this speed difference is a Waze problem, but rather iOS/CarPlay problem. All GPS speeds are off within seconds of plugging my iPhone X into my 2018 F150.
I have a similar problem with my iPhone XS and a VW Amarok.
When I connect the cell phone, the GPS keeps jumping for a while. If disconnected correct the route. Then I reconnect and start jumping again.
MauricioCGB
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by MauricioCGB
rather-B-fishing wrote:
WWFSMD wrote:Twice on a recent trip, I tried to hit the “Thanks” button but happened to hit a bump and tapped “Not there” by mistake. I’ve never had this happen on the iPhone app, where the buttons are side by side rather than above and below, but on CarPlay (at least in my 2017 Volt) one is right on top of the other. I’d like to see them side by side, or placed a bit apart, so I don’t accidentally contradict a valid warning.
That happens to me more often than I’d like to admit too. Sometimes when I’m just trying to say thanks because that box is blocking my remaining drive time and I just want to get the box out of the way for something that’s a 1/2 mile up the road.
And it takes a while to leave the screen even after you've been through the event. This is very boring.
MauricioCGB
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by MaXyM_FTN
Hello
While I'm an everyday user of Waze for recent 8 years, I started using it through Apple CarPlay a month ago.
I spotted several things I would like to share:

1. section progress is not displayed (progressing in traffic jam or average speed measurement section)
2. reporting of a police patrol doesn't provide an option to select a kind of patrol spotted
3. search option opens a big keyboard leaving only 1 row for results. Having no insights into the rest of responses is extremely comfortless. 

I'm using Ford Sync 3 (v3.4)

with regards

MaXyM_FTN
Send a message