These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MaXyM_FTN
G_W1Z wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:16 pm Can you explain what you mean by "kind of patrol?"

When I report police patrol using iPhone version of the application, it offers 3 option: visible patrol, hiden patrol and patrol on the other side. 
With CarPlay there is no option to choose between them.

with regards

MaXyM_FTN
Send a message

Post by MaXyM_FTN
Not sure what you mean.
Lot of reporting options provide possibility to chose from sub-types. For example: danger on road. Please count with me:
1. the danger
2. on-lane or ouside the road,
3. selection of reasons: hole in a road, object on the road, parked car, and more

The same for accidents: CarPlay offers the same multi-level options as mobile application.
So Waze already has ability to select from multileveled details.

So, it seems that canibalizing police reporting option is not related to the reasons you are providing.

MaXyM_FTN
Send a message

Post by MaXyM_FTN
Another findings about Waze over Apple CarPlay

1. Waze sometimes loose track in case I decided to not follow planned route. In normal circumstances (in native iOS Waze), the route is automatically re-planned. In most situations it works in the CarPLay too. But from time to time it happens, that the old route remains stalled. I can see my car driving new roads, the map is animated etc but this blue line indicating calculated route stays stalled to previous route.
I have an unconfirmed impression that in fact the road is being recalculated (and even voice commands follows me) but only route is not redrawn - but cannot confirm this yet.

2. Ios app remember the location at the moment the reporting tool has been raised up. Then it gives some time to finish, but if you don't, it saves this action for further finalization (at least it worked like this in the past) - there is/was a restore icoin on the left for this. In CarPlay Waze it happened to me, that the reporting tool was just suddenly closed without a way how to go back and finish. It was in the situation I wanted to report closed road due to maintanance. I raised the tool up trying to find some safe place to stop the car and finish the job. No avail.

3. Sometimes, arrival information get white background (while usually is black). Does it have any meaning or ot's graphical issue? See images:

MaXyM_FTN
Send a message

Post by MaXyM_FTN
Another issue. Actually two
1. there is no volume settings for Waze sound on CarPlay screen. 
2. with volume settings set to maximum (in Waze connected already to CarPlay, indicating it plays through CarPlay), the Waze volume is way too low comparing to other sound sources: either built-in radio or Spotify played from the same phone the Waze is running. 

I have no idea how to balance volume levels :(
MaXyM_FTN
Send a message

Post by MaXyM_FTN
CrzRsn wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:56 pm New bug with the latest app update that came out today (version 4.97).

I have my map display setting set to Dark Mode always on. Since the update this morning, whenever I plug my phone into my car, the map display on carplay opens in light mode. The map will switch to dark mode only after I open Waze on my phone, but that kinda defeats the point of a handsfree system. Never had this problem before.

I can confirm that behavior. not sure it happens when the phone is in the pocket (so proximity sensors are engaged) or always. But indeed to switch to proper mode, it needs to open application in the phone.

But there is at least one more issue for which opening the application in the phone helps. And this one exists for a half year for sure.
From time to time navigation gets stuck. Simply it doesn't follow the car movement anymore. For a long time I thought it happens only at navigation start, after choosing a destination. But recently it got stuck in other occasion. I don't remember the exact case, but it could be a drive with a stop when I had to leave and re-enter the car). I even thought it's a problem with the car. But I found that the solution is to open the mobile application resulting in the Waze magically jumping to proper location and starting to navigate.

MaXyM_FTN
Send a message

Post by mcdonald44
Thank You to all who helped finally bring Waze to CarPLay.

A few concerns ( I am a limo driver and need Waze)

• When using Waze on Carplay, Waze does not show the name of the street I am driving on. Unlike Waze without Carplay, Waze with CarPlay does not show/display the name of the street I am driving on. Hope that can be fixed in an uodate, as this is a very good and very important feature.

• When using Waze on Carplay, the "map directions" do not show on the iPhone. I can only see the "Turn-by-Turn". The "map directions" can only be seen on the car display which is significant lower to look at than the iPhone that is high up on the dashboard. Having to look down onto the video display is a distraction and more dangerous. Hope that there could be an option to display the "Turn-by-Turn" directions on the car's video screen and the "map directions" on my iPhone.

•When using Waze on Carplay, everytime I go to another app, (podcast, music etc.) when I go back to Waze, I need to have Waze, "re-find" the destination. This did NOT occur before Waze was compatible with CarPlay.

Been using Waze for many years and continue to enjoy it. Refer all of my limo customers to use Waze.

Just hope some of these bugs and features could be fixed/improved.
mcdonald44
Send a message
Last edited by mcdonald44 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mcdonald44
Loving the new App that finally works with CarPlay. In addition to my personal use, I am also a limo driver and Waze is a "Must Use" finding clients and their destinations.

A few suggestions and/or questions

• The new Waze for CarPlay no longer displays the street/Route you are driving on. The older WAZE displayed the street/route you were on the new WAZE does not. This is a very important feature that should be added back to the New WAZE

• You can no longer click that the Police are on the "other side" like the old Waze

• Would prefer my WAZE map to have an option to be displayed on the iPhone or on the car dashboard. I have my iPhone much higher and find it much, much safer "NOT" to have to look down to the dashboard. PLEASE make this happen, as many times I disconnect my phone from CarPlay so I can have the Map on my iPhone.

• Been requesting this FOREVER! Please add a feature/option that allows us to see trip history. When I end a trip would be great to see something that tells me the length of time of the trip in time and the number of miles of the trip

Thank You WAZE is great, hope you can continue to make it better.
mcdonald44
Send a message

Post by MerseysideRPU
Started drive, stopped for fuel.
Resumed drive, Waze crashed. Crash report sent via Testflight at 05:27am on 08.06.2020
Waze logs uploaded at 06:00am on 08.06.2020
iOS 13.5.5 iPhone 7
Waze Ver. 4.63.1.1
Ford Sync Ver. 3.0
United Kingdom
MerseysideRPU
Send a message
Attachments
Roads Policing Unit (RPU)

Post by MerseysideRPU
loco57 wrote:Hello, after updating my Iphone to IOS 14.4, I have a strange issue: when the app starts in Carplay, it not possible to do anything (no search bar, no notification icon,...) starting and closing the app on the phone makes the app work fine , but it is not a solution...
I get regular map freezes but at the same junction & only if I am held by a Red ATS.
When first connecting my iPhone to Ford Sync 3 Waze will crash or display with no map at all
MerseysideRPU
Send a message
Roads Policing Unit (RPU)

Post by mhennessie
I am having this issue as well in my VW Passat with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. It’s been happening for a few months now but originally worked fine. I open the app on the phone and force quit the app and relaunch it using CarPlay. Unfortunately there isn’t a way that I’ve found to force quit apps from the CarPlay interface.
mhennessie
Send a message