Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Rdalcroft
Thank you for fixing most issues. I can now see the speed limit while in navigation mode.

Other notes.

The size of the black boxes are still I’m my opinion too big. Can these be reduced in size??

While navigating, the big purple speech bubbles indicating what road you are on are massive!!! Totally disproportionate to the rest of icons on the map.

In fact there is no need for these to be there at all. The turn by turn let’s you know this. These bubbles jump all over the screen as soon as they reach the edge of the viewable area . This is very distracting while driving. It’s not subtle at all. I would suggest removing these big purple bubbles. As the serve no purpose. And makes the nice looking map a mess.
Rdalcroft
Send a message

Post by Rgolfday
I too would like the option of being able to disable Waze/CarPlay from taking over the screen, sometimes I’d rather have control over something else & just be able to report issues, which I can do easily on the small screen.
Rgolfday
Send a message
Cheers,
Rgolfday :geek:
iOS CarPlay VW

Post by RhiRhiL
I'm having real issues with Waze knocking out my car audio (Radio) when I'm connected to Car Play, as well as the app freezing and it's driving me nuts - It's no longer usable.
I used the have the same issue but disconnecting and reconnecting to car play used to resolve, but now it doesn't so I've had to switch the google maps which is sadly not as good.

I'm on Waze version 4.71.2 and iOS 14.4 and connecting to Car Play using a USB cable.
Any ideas please or is this just a major bug that needs resolving?
RhiRhiL
Send a message

Post by Rick_138
Hi everyone,

recently I noticed a problem with route changing.
Particularly if I change from the green route to the violet one, as you can see in the attached video, when I look back at the "routes menu" nothing changed, the green one is the one selected; but most important, even the driving directions do not change !
https://mega.nz/file/4hlWHRbR#PIIlGmfYi ... AucNXeHD_E

P.S. I've already been told that the "routes menu" reset itself whenever you click on it, so the fact that the highlighted route it's always the green one (fastest route) could be "normal", but the directions problem remains.

Any help or solutions ?  Thanks in advance, Rick

Rick_138
Send a message

Post by Rick_138
ghstudio wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:45 pm I listen to my in-car siriusXM radio when using apple car play. As soon as car play connects, it takes over the system and mutes the radio. I can then go back and select the radio again and all is well. This is not my WAZE issue....but an annoyance with CarPlay.

Once carplay starts, as soon as waze says "traffic camera ahead", there is nothing I can do to get the in-car radio back.....other than disconnect carplay completely (at which point the radio comes back immediately). The really strange part is that if I am actually using waze for navigation, this problem doesn't occur....waze speaks and the radio returns. It's only when I'm not using waze for navigation that waze and it finds a traffic camera, it then seizes and keep the audio after telling me about the camera. Very latest IOS and WAZE,, iphone 13 on a 22 Porsche Macan.

does this happen even if you manually close the traffic camera alert by clicking on the pop up that appears on the car screen?

Rick_138
Send a message

Post by rickylo103
Have iPhone user complained about Waze will freeze frequently. I need to disconnect and launch again. I am using Honda accord 2017 model apple car play. Already change new iPhone 14 pro still same. Please advise. Thanks. 

rickylo103
Send a message

Post by RicoSmall
Hello, I have an 'issue' using Waze with CarPlay.
In CarPlay I have the display settings standard set to Dark, because I like the Dark mode above the Light/Daytime mode. I have set the settings in the Waze App to Automatic. However, most of the time, let's say 90% Waze is shown in the Dark mode during daytime, but sometimes, the other 10% or less, Waze is shown in the Light/Daytime mode. In contrast to the dark mode of CarPlay I like the Light/Daytime mode of Waze during daytime more then the Dark mode. It looks like the Dark- / Light mode is chosen Ad Random. How can and can it, the light mode set to the light mode by default during day time?
Thanks in advance.
RicoSmall
Send a message
iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple CarPlay

Post by RicoSmall
RicoSmall wrote:Hello, I have an 'issue' using Waze with CarPlay.
In CarPlay I have the display settings standard set to Dark, because I like the Dark mode above the Light/Daytime mode. I have set the settings in the Waze App to Automatic. However, most of the time, let's say 90% Waze is shown in the Dark mode during daytime, but sometimes, the other 10% or less, Waze is shown in the Light/Daytime mode. In contrast to the dark mode of CarPlay I like the Light/Daytime mode of Waze during daytime more then the Dark mode. It looks like the Dark- / Light mode is chosen Ad Random. How can and can it, the light mode set to the light mode by default during day time?
Thanks in advance.
Apologies for quoting myself, but is there anyone who recognizes my issue. It is really annoying. I want to use Waze in Light-mode mode during daytime and in Dark-mode during the evening and night. How can this be set? Because still for let's say 99% Waze is showed in dark-mode during daytime and sometimes, very rare, it is showed in light-mode.

Who recognizes and can help?

Edit: as if the devil is playing with it, I just had to leave the house and indeed Waze was shown in light-mode...... :twisted: :roll:
RicoSmall
Send a message

Post by RicoSmall
Bucks_Fizz wrote:So after today's update, I was pleasantly surprised!!

Waze is on my dashboard...
:shock: I haven't noticed it this morning when I was using Waze. I'll check later this morning.
RicoSmall
Send a message

Post by RicoSmall
PhantomSoul wrote: I think the short answer is that you cannot force light (day) mode in CarPlay.

This is by design, as Apple considers any kind of light (day) color theming after dark (or in otherwise-dark ambient lighting) to be a safety hazard (likely for the same reasons you wouldn't drive around after dark with like a dome light on). As a result, CarPlay ignores any kind of phone or app settings surrounding this, and only enables light (day) mode if the car's head unit reports adequate ambient lighting.

Factory head units in cars with automatic headlights may be wired to the photosensor (sunset switch) that controls the headlights. This is probably the best implementation because it can separate lights being on for dark vs another reason, like rain. But for cars that don't have them, the carmakers have to get a little more creative; often it might just be wired to the headlight switch, meaning it would switch to dark mode if the lights are turned on for any reason. If you have an aftermarket head unit, it would depend on what kind of day/night input you or your installer wired the head unit to in your car.

In any case, most cars do not have Internet connections for their head units, because it would have to be mobile, which is expensive; though some newer cars are starting to offer head unit hardware that supports a data connection, but you'd still have to buy a data plan for your car. Even then, it's not clear whether such a head unit would use the Internet to do brute-force-style sunrise/sunset switching.
Hello, many thanks for your very comprehensive response. It was indeed that comprehensive that I had to read it a multiple times ;) .

I am driving a 2009 Volkswagen Golf Highline with a light- (and rain-) sensor. When I bought this car last summer I changed the RNSxxx headunit into a RCD330 which seems to be a OEM Headunit for the Chinese market. I like this RCD330 very much.

As I mentioned I have set the CarPlay theme to the dark mode, because the light mode is to my opinion too light. I do not know if Google Maps and Apple Maps also do have a light- and dark mode, but during daytime these Nav Apps are always in light mode. It is only Waze which is showing for about 90% ad random dark mode during daytime (when the headlights of my car are off). However, it seems, from the Dashboard for Waze was implemented, Waze is shown more often in daytime mode then before. Maybe this is a coincidence.

The point is the 'arbitrariness', I can't put my finger on it. I would say that Waze on CarPlay should follow the phone's settings.
RicoSmall
Send a message