| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Waze is growing fast in features and popularity. This is not a complete list of development areas, but should reassure you that Waze is aware of your concerns and is working to make things better.
Current development focus includes:
- Upgrading the worldwide infrastructure, allowing Waze to support the growing number of users while making the service more reliable
- Bug fixing
- Integrating features to generate revenue for Waze
- Releasing the same features for Android and iOS
- Adding the ability to search for location by UK postcodes
- Supporting correct routing of authorized vehicles on Carpool, HOV, Transit lanes. Waze currently supports taxis, and private vehicles.
- Implementing a web interface to allow editors to immediately close streets for a specified period.
- Upgrading the World servers, which has increased the reliability and speed of editing maps
- Improved the routing in areas of Private Roads and Parking Lot Roads
- ASR (Automated Speech recognition)
- TTS (Text to Speech voice guided: turn-by-turn instructions that announce the street names for upcoming turns) in multiple languages
- Gas price integration
- POI category search
- Toll Road avoidance
- Time of day turn restrictions
- Time of day road directional changes
- Implementing road blocks and road closures