| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Benelux Parking Lot Road
Parking Lot Roads are used for:
- Roads in Parking lots. (for large, small and single road parking lots)
- Roads through Gas stations
- Drive-Through roads
They must also be used for the entrance and exit roads connecting the above features to freeways or regular roads.
Parking Lot Roads need to be defined as such in the menu pane left. A Parking Lot Road generates a large penalty to prevent thru-traffic in the navigation. A Parking Lot Road only gets the City defined. A name may not be given (check the "None" box), unless it's an official street. Please don't use names like 'Parking Theater'. The name of a Parking Lot can be added to a Parking Lot Place. In this way, streetnames will not show multiple times on the map.
For details about creating Parking Lot Places, view the Benelux Places section about Parking Lots.
Do not draw every segment
Roads in Parking Lots are sparsely drawn, to prevent cluttering the map. The most important thing is that people can be routed to and from a parking lot. For small Parking Lots, a single road segment often suffices."
For large Parking Lots (for example at an event center), consider mapping only the following:
- Main entrances from the roads outside the parking lot
- Lanes that run along entrances of buildings
- Lanes that run along main roads outside the parking area (to separate different speed tracks)
- Large parking lot lanes that serve to get people from one area of the lot to another