How to help on major routes
Fantastic and thank you!
So how can you help?
- Do you have access to edit that section of the map? There are two ways:
- Start Editing! There is a complete list of editing guidelines but in short:
- If a segment already exists, don't delete it but reuse it so the existing traffic data is retained. Otherwise add the missing segments.
- Don't split roads unless there is a decent gap between the lanes
- Generally allow all turns on junctions (unless you can't turn). Keyboard shortcut is Q W.
- M routes as Freeways, A routes as Major Highways (or Minor in bigger towns), B & C routes as Minor Highways
- Prefix the name of the highway with the alphanumeric designator (eg. A1 - Princes Hwy). This makes it easier for people following the directions and matching it to street signs.
- In towns label the section City with the state (VIC, NSW, SA etc) if it is duplicated in another state (eg. "Camperdown, VIC" and "Camperdown, NSW".
- Where there is an existing road, resolve existing reports
- Update the To Do pages on what you've done and what's left. This helps others to pick up from where you left off.