| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Forest Service Roads
|When editing Forest Service Roads be sure to read the Waze wiki page first in order to follow naming convention. Listed below are references that are a good starting point|
- Geospatial Data
- Little Belt Mountains 2013
- Castle Mountains, 2014
- Crazy Mountains, 2016
- Big and Little Snowy Mountains, 2013
- Highwood Mountains, 2013
- Rocky Mountain Ranger District, 2014
- Flathead National Forest
- Missoula Ranger District - Lolo Creek to Missoula West
- Missola Ranger District - Missoula East to Rock Creek
- Missoula Ranger District - Ninemile Ranger District North
- Missoula Ranger District - Ninemile Ranger District South
- Plains/Thompson Falls Ranger District
- Seeley Lake Ranger District
- Superior Ranger District
Dirt Roads 4x4
Montana follows the following functional classification for Gravel and Dirt Road /4x4 trails.
Images demonstrated above can not cover all scenarios for mapping maintenance level to Waze road type. These types of roads may undergo variation in quality over seasons additionally depending on the climate (rain/snow). Particularly, some gravel roads may have qualities that are closer to Dirt Road / 4x4 Trail than street. Editors with local experience or potential Street View images may help in this determination.
Driveways / Private Roads
|Please follow the following guidelines for Private Driveways. Wiki standard can be found here. Driveways|
Mapping rural diveways
- If an address/location cannot be reasonably guided to without a private drive, it can be added.
- Single house at the end of a 1mi (1609m) private drive, and that's the only house, it probably isn't needed.
- If it's 5 houses at the end of a single shared 1/4mi (402m) long private drive, it probably is needed.
- If it's a house at the end of a 500m (1640 ft) long private drive which is right up against another street from which you cannot access the address (stop point will be on the segment closest), then a private drive is probably needed. Per AlanOfTheBerg guidelines
Discussion can be found in the NW Montana section of the forums.