Ohio mapping resources
Information and resources regarding editing Waze maps in Ohio. Resources for other states and the entire country can be found on the mapping resources page.
- ODOT Functional Class Inventory
- ODOT straight line diagrams
- ODOT county TIFF maps (note: many of these maps have not been updated in over 10 years)
- OGRIP - Ohio Geographically Referenced Information Program
- County Auditors' Association of Ohio; County GIS list (List is similar to County list below.)
- USGS National Map Viewer (sometimes quite out of date)
- 2013 Boundary and Annexation Survey Maps from US Census Bureau
- TIGERweb from US Census Bureau
- Ohio Interstate Exit Guide (ODOT, circa 2007)
- Google Map Tools (useful for drawing arbitrary polygons to use in AM requests)
Please list cities smaller than 100,000 under only in their county in the County category below.
- Akron (same link as Summit County)
- Cincinnati (same link as Hamilton County)
- Cleveland (also see Cuyahoga County)
- Columbus zoning | Columbus My Neighborhood
- Dayton (same link as Montgomery County)
- Toledo (also see Lucas County)
- Links are GIS resources unless otherwise indicated.
- Sites marked with a $ have fee based access.
- Ashland (county map)
- Belmont (requires Internet Explorer)
- Brown (requires Internet Explorer)
- Butler GIS | Butler map
- Champaign (requires Internet Explorer)
- Clermont GIS | Clermont map
- Delaware GIS | Delaware map
- Lucas GIS | Lucas map
- Miami (county map)
- Monroe $
- Montgomery GIS | Montgomery map
- Morrow (requires Internet Explorer)
- Pike (requires Internet Explorer or Firefox)
- Richland (note: requires entering a valid street address in order to access map)
- Van Wert GIS | Van Wert Map
- Wood: Auditor GIS | Engineer GIS (may require Internet Explorer)
Last dates that links were searched:
- Statewide: OHGO | Buckeye Traffic (Text Only) | Ohio Turnpike
- Akron area: Summit County Traffic Alerts
- Cincinnati area: Hamilton County road closures | ARTIMIS construction report
- Cleveland area: Cuyahoga County Public Works
- Columbus area: Paving the Way
- Dayton area: City of Dayton Public Works
- Toledo area:
See Ohio Construction for a list of LONG TERM Road Closures & Changes to Traffic Flow that impact the Waze Map.
Speed / Red Light Cameras
List of cities in Ohio that use speed cameras (S) and/or red light cameras (R) (source: IIHS, updated Aug 2013)
- Akron S
- Ashtabula S R
- Cleveland S R
- Columbus S R (note: speed cameras in Columbus are CPD-marked SUVs and are quite mobile)
- Dayton S R
- East Cleveland S R
- Elmwood Place S
- Hamilton S (note: cameras are on vehicles; there are no fixed camera locations)
- Middletown R (locations)
- New Miami S
- Northwood S R
- Parma S
- Springfield R
- Toledo S R (locations)
- Trotwood S R
- Village of Lucas S
- West Carrollton S R
2014-04-09 EDIT: Please read the update in this forum post regarding "Places".
Until national guidelines are adopted for the U.S., the best currently available resource for Ohio Landmark guidance is in the Landmarks in Louisiana post as compiled by Waze Global Champs, AnyPoms and jasonh300. Thank You.
Please use this as our guidelines for Ohio.
Keep track of work that needs to be done and coordinate efforts with other AMs.
- Statewide (no data 8/11/13)
- Akron (no data 8/11/13)
- Cincinnati (no data 8/11/13)
- Cleveland (no data 8/11/13)
- Columbus (no data 8/11/13)
- Dayton (no data 8/11/13)
- Toledo & NW Ohio (last updated March 2012)
If you are an Area Manager who covers the State of Ohio, or a USA Country Manager active in Ohio, please add yourself alphabetically to this list.
You are also encouraged to create your own User Profile here in the Wiki. The profile can then also be linked to from your Forum Signature.
(Edit this section to read the comments explaining how to add yourself .)
|Username||Areas Managed||Comments||Forum PM
|bmscavo||+/- Bowling Green||Just handling the little things for now|
|danofsatx||+/- Upper Ohio Valley||Cleaning up my hometown areas||PM|
|FlyinRiz||+/- Cuyahoga, Erie, Huron, Medina, Lorain, and Summit Counties||Working to build up to actually cover all of the areas mentioned and eventually expand more.||PM|
|GizmoGuy411||NW Ohio counties. Also a Global Waze Champ, USA Country Manager, & Waze Expert.||Metro Toledo is very complete. Working on rural areas as of 2012/09.||PM|
|jhfrontz||Central Ohio and other uncovered areas around Ohio (as well adjacent areas of PA, WV, KY, and IN). Also a USA Country Manager and AM of Vieques (PR), St. John (USVI), Jost van Dyke (BVI), Virgin Gorda (BVI), and East Bay (SF)||(This space intentionally left blank)||PM|
|Mattiedale||Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky.||Currently clearing out map complaints and working my way across Cincinnati. Love to work with new editors.||PM|
|mpawlicki||+/- Central Ohio (Columbus) area, OH and IN areas along I-70 and I-65.||Concentrating efforts on small to mid size towns without previous AM or CM presence||PM|
|normana400||+/- Fairfield County, Perry County, Hocking County||working on building up areas and hopefully expanding|
|ohiostmusicman||+/- Northern Ohio||Currently working on cleaning rural areas in Northwest & North Central Ohio.||PM|
|Ryanh85||+/- Dayton, Beavercreek, West Carrollton, Urbana, Springfield||working on building up areas and hopefully expanding||PM|
|ssl-3||+/- NW Ohio, ish||Cleaning up rural roads and communities as fast as I can find issues with them.||PM|
| Usernames in blue have created Waze Wiki Profiles. Usernames in red have not.
About this page
Please report broken links to mapcat