| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
The Southest region is hosting a waze meetup for local editors to meet with each other and waze staff.
What: Meet with waze staff, other editors, watch live presentations, participate in a live MapRaid, and other surprises.
- 1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd
- Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
|For a clickable link to start your waze route from your phone. Copy and paste the following link into an email to yourself. Click the link in your phone's email to start the route.|
Discounted Self-parking is $6.00 per day (6.5% tax) and Valet parking is available for $24.00 per day (6.5% tax).
08:00 - 18:00
|Waze is paying for one night.|
|Extra nights are available at a discount but you need to contact your RC by Sept 15th|
Who: All waze Map Editors are invited
|We have full attendance and there is a waitlist.|
When must I register by?
- September 15th (but if you need a flight, then August 20th).
Where/how do I register?
- We are currently full and there is a waitlist.
What rank is invited?
- Any/all ranks, from 1-6.
Where is it at?
- B Resort, Orlando FL (right near Disney Springs)
When is it?
- October 15, 2016
What typically happens at the event?
- Waze staff give presentations, info on upcoming things, etc....editors give presentations, usually a map raid of some sort, open Q&A, meeting fellow editors to put a face to the name, etc.
Will we be put in hotel rooms with strangers, or do we each get our own?
- You get your own room (2 queen beds in a room), no sharing with strangers.
Can I bring a guest to stay in the hotel room with me?
- Yes, but they can't attend the actual meetup. Some are making a mini vacation out of it.
Is the meetup in the same hotel? IE, could my guest use my car during the day as I wouldn’t need it?
- Yes, same hotel.
Can I open all the bottles in the mini bar and not pay for them? ;)
- You will put your own credit card down for incidentals, so you would pay for them.
The event itself is on Saturday? Is the hotel night for Friday or Saturday?
- Yes, event is Saturday, and waze is paying for Friday night. If you wish to stay an extra night, please let driving79 know and she will give you more info.
What are the beginning and end times?
- Normally it's a 9am-5 or 6pm type thing. We have not made the schedule yet.
- We can also organize a dinner Friday evening somewhere (that would be one meal you'd pay for)
- Also if many are staying an extra night, we can see who wants to do something Sunday also (as in something non-waze fun).
How is driving reimbursed?
- Mail in receipts for gas, we will give you more info, but hold on to those receipts!
Any idea on how many are expected?
- Max of 35 editors and 5 staff.
Should I count on going, or is there a chance I get bumped for a higher level if it fills up?
- Count on going, it is first come first serve.
How do they reach out, there was no contact information to input?
- Driving79 is the main contact point.
Do I reserve my own room, or will Waze staff do that?
- No, waze and driving79 will be handling the rooms (and if you want to add a night’s stay that you want to pay for).