| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
MiniMapRaid! Turkey 2015
In order of importance:
- Solve URs and MPs
- Improve major connectivity
- Improve Wiki page
- Correct base map positioning
- Correct road naming
- Check and correct districts boundaries
Please read the Turkish wiki page for the specifics on editing!
|OrbitC ( )||6||GC-MAPRAID/Coord Regional|
|Moweez ( )||6||Country manager|
|wimvandierendonck ( )||4||Area manager|
We will use Slack as the main communication service. There is a special Turkey MapRaid channel for this raid. If you are not already part of the MapRaid Slack team, you will be invited shortly before the Raid starts. If anything goes wrong and you didn't receive the invite when the raid is about to start, click here to get your Slack invitation (choose WazeMapRaid). If you have trouble getting into the Slack team or channels, please reach out to one of the MapRaid organizers.
When working in the raid area, please set yourself to visible in WME chat. Also, turn on the Live Users layer. This will serve to collaborate smoothly and get quick help at your location if needed.
This Mini Map Raid has only 1 group.
Only use sources that are allowed by Waze, like Streetview from within WME. Google Maps (and its streetview) is NOT allowed. Websites from businesses are considered allowed sources. Other allowed sources are on the Turkish wiki page. There you will also find the necessary information on editing in Turkey.
Warning: If you copy information from unauthorized sources, you may be removed from this mapraid. Also, every segment you edited may be removed from the map. Copying information from copyrighted sources is illegal!
In Base Map areas, mass edits are allowed. Be aware that we will monitor edits, so avoid unnecessary edits and hunting for points. Sanctions are strict, being banned for this and future MR and MMR.
If you are using a tool or script, you are fully responsible for its use and its consequences. Please make sure that you understand the features of the script you are using. You will be held accountable for any side effects.
- If you are unsure about something, please ask.
- Check and triple check.
- We have great leaders here who can help you.
- Let's make sure we do it right the first time, and set a great example for the rest of the world.
Highly Recommended Tools
Many tools are essential for good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. Highly recommended are:
- This is a script that validates a map area in the Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with U.S. wiki references and possible solutions. Keep in mind that guidelines of Venezuela (if available on the subject) precede over the guidelines of the U.S..
- This is a script that facilitate the process of editing maps in the WME. It has a toolbar that facilitates the process of removing unnecessary nodes, cut segments, locate "Soft Nodes", or nodes with undefined directions.
- a time and labor saving tool for responding to URs. Read the documentation. Needs TamperMonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) to install and use.
!!PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ALL SCRIPTS!!