| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
User:Stephenr1966/GHO Closure Req
Hangouts Closure Requests
When requesting a segment closure in the hangouts, please include as much of the following information as possible: permalink (or PL) with the segments in question selected, nearest city to the segments, highest lock level of selected segments, reason (with link to web reference if available), starting date/time, ending date/time, and if it should be set as repeating (e.g., nightly closure).
Request L5 closure of permalink near Seattle, WA from 9/17/16 19:00 to 9/19/16 05:00 for construction as per weblink
Request L3 closure of permalink in El Paso, TX repeating nightly 20:00 to 07:30 from 9/16/16 to 9/23/16 for bridge maintenance IAW weblink
1. Please put it all into one post. Helps for the WazeBot notifications. Most folks that can enter closures have keywords such as "closure", so will get notification from the Bot and it helps to have all the info in one spot.
2. We ask for the highest lock level of the PL so that everyone reading the request will know at a glance if they can help or not. Wouldn't make any sense for an R3 editor to jump on a closure PL request for an L5 Freeway.
3. We ask for the (nearest) City to be included for similar reason. It helps for the non SM/CM editors that are senior enough to enter closures to know if it is likely to be within their editable area.
4. Dates/Times/Reason should be self-explanatory. They are required fields for closure entry in WME.
5. weblink should be a link to informational page about the closure. Preferably a DOT or similar government sponsored page, but news sites are good, too. Always helps to back up closure request with some official documentation. For the really long ones, we often create a [CLOSURE] UR nearby to explain for other editors and include said link.