| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your countries local Wazeopedia.
Australia/Adding Gas Stations
How to add a Service Station (Gas/Servo Station)(Australia)
Before adding Service Stations to Waze Editor
- Please read the Australian Style Guide for to ensure consistency with the stations that are added.
- Check the List of Completed Australian Service Stations to see if your Service Station has already been added.
Add a Service Station to Waze Editor
1. To add a new gas station to the map, first view the basic map editing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVksbb1Z4SQ
2. Login to the editor: http://world.waze.com/editor.
3. Locate the place of the gas station on the map:
4. Choose to add a new landmark (click on the + icon and choose Landmark):
5. Draw the landmark, then click on it:
6. Now from the properties menu on the left side choose gas station as the type of the landmark, you can then define the rest of its properties, such as brand name and address.
- Enter the FULL ADDRESS for the Service Station, to aid with routing the driver to the station. (not just the street name). For example:
266-278 Hoddle St, Abbotsford, VIC
- Enter the complete phone number including area code. Do not add any parenthesis or symbols.
03 9419 6494
7. Click on Save.
8. Draw a new Parking Lot Road through the new landmark. This will prevent Waze from seeing the main road as traffic conjestion when Wazers stop to refuel, and also will prevent Waze routing through a Gas Station.
9. Go to the List of Completed Australian Service Stations and add the station that you have just added to the list.
Please note: Gas stations will not be Immediately available everywhere in clients. Waze will start rolling out the gas stations feature in the client country by country. As soon as they see that there are enough stations to launch with in a given country, it'll be released. It's hard to say exactly how many stations are needed in each country to be ready there.
In some countries, you’ll see that the editor is missing a list of local gas brands. Not to worry though, you can help by contacting your local Country Manager and ask them to submit your country’s gas brand.