- 1 時々、道路にドット（点）がありますがこれは何ですか?
- 2 Waze Map Editor（マップエディタ）とは?
- 3 Cartouche（カルトゥーシュ）とは?
- 4 Papyrus（パピルス）とは?
- 5 Dashboard（ダッシュボード）とは?
- 6 My Drives（マイドライブ）とは?
- 7 Dashboardにマイドライブが反映されるのは?
- 8 Waze Map Editor上にマイドライブが表示されるタイミングは?
- 9 What happens when I drive on an unknown (unmapped) road?
- 10 I recorded new roads in the client - what now?
- 11 When do my roads show up in the Livemap?
- 12 When do my roads show up in the Waze app?
- 13 道路の編集をするときの推奨ブラウザを教えてください
- 14 Why do I get to see traffic reports hundreds of miles away in the client?
- 15 ロックされた道路とは?
- 16 Why are aerials not available or are low resolution?
- 17 ダッシュボード上の私のポイントがなくなりました。しかも最終更新日が古くなっています。 どうしてですか？
- 18 ポイントの計算方法は?
- 19 How do I change my home state or country?
- 20 How can I remove or delete a group that I've created in Waze?
- 21 How can I delete my account and all info from waze?
- 22 When are weekly points calculated?
- 23 Why isn't the location of other Wazers in the app accurate?
- 24 Does Waze support time-based turn restrictions where turns are allowed or restricted during certain times of day?
- 25 What do I do when Waze has my destination at the wrong location?
これは、別の地図データから取り込まれたり、マップエディタで新たに作られてから走行による確認がされていない道路です。道路の位置や交差点が間違っていないか、注意深く処理するためです。 このような道路を運転するとき、あなたのWazeのアイコンはパックマンに変わって、"ムシャムシャ食べます"。 このときあなたがポイントを獲得すると同時に、道路の有効性を確認しています。 これらの道路は、パックマンロードとして知られています。
Waze Map Editor（マップエディタ）とは?
Waze Map Editor is the official name of the current, primary web-based map editor. It is often abbreviated WME. It is strongly recommended that you use WME for all Waze Map editing vs. the older editor Cartouche. You can access WME:
- http://www.waze.com/editor (USA and Canada users)
- http://world.waze.com/editor (The rest of the World (ROTW) / countries other than the USA and Canada)
Cartoucheは、旧マップエディタの名前です。すべての機能がWaze Map Editorで使用できるようになるまで使用できます。（2012年9月に終了しました）
Papyrusは、2012年1月にベータ版がリリースされる前に使われたWaze Map Editor（WME）の内部コードネームです。 現在では'Papyrus'の名前の使用は、Waze Map EditorまたはWMEに取って代わっています。
Drives are journeys that you have driven with the Waze client running. While you drive Waze monitors your journey (recording details like location, time & speed) and transfers this information to the servers. This data is used to validate the existing mapping (roads, turns etc) and to learn average journey times. Other Waze users and Area Managers can also view the anonymous GPS tracks of many users when editing the map in Waze Map Editor. This helps with map accuracy.
Waze Map Editor上にマイドライブが表示されるタイミングは?
Drives are processed and available for viewing in the Waze Map Editor with an hour of completing the drive. For most drives, you will find them in the editor in under 15 minutes.
What happens when I drive on an unknown (unmapped) road?
If you simply drive on an unknown road, Waze simply records your route information as usual, but will not create them with as new roads in the Editor, Livemap or the app. When viewing a Drive in the Waze Map Editor, you can look for sections of your drive which are colored red. These indicate an area your phone reported you driving which Waze was not able to associate to an existing road. If this road should exist here, you can select the red section of the route and create a new segment from it.
You can help to build the maps by adding unknown roads. Simply switch on road building mode in your Waze client and it will record the route as a series of new road segments adding junctions (also known as nodes) where it detects your turns. When Waze detects that you are back on a known road, road building mode is automatically paused.
Please turn off road building mode when it is not needed as it can lead to duplicate roads being recorded due to the existing maps being slightly inaccurate or due to GPS errors on your client. Remember that the Waze client is dependent on having a good GPS fix for accurate recording. Also the Waze client might falsely record new roads if it hasn't been able to download the map tiles for your location due to poor cellular phone coverage etc.
When recording new roads, wait until the road turns red on your client before turning off road building mode otherwise the final segment is not recorded. This behaviour is useful if you forgot to turn it off earlier and have accidentally started to record a road in error.
Updates of the Cartouche map are made based on your recording, but you have to wait at least 24-48h before changes show up.
I recorded new roads in the client - what now?
Your newly recorded roads will not appear in Livemap until they have been edited in the Waze Map Editor. WME will show unknown roads in red, however Livemap will only show small arrows if you zoom right in to indicate that it knows of an street/road with no name. The Cartouche update will need to be done by either you or the appropriate Area Manager, or another user who has also driven close to this road previously.
Please log into WME and edit the details of the road you recorded. You can set the road category, it's name, city and direction(s). You should also check it's connectivity to other roads to allow Waze to use it correctly for routing. At the very least you should confirm the driving direction and connect the road to another road.
This is an important part of Wazing as it helps our community build the maps for eveyone to use.
It is planned to implement functionality in the Waze servers to countdown from the road creation so that they disappear from WME unless they have been edited (something like 30 days) to prevent roads incorrectly recorded from remaining on the Livemap.
When do my roads show up in the Livemap?
Generation of the Livemap should tale place daily, but the queue of changes is lengthy, so most map edits should appear in the LiveMap after 10-14 days. However, only the closest zoom level is currently updated regularly. Updates to the map on the Waze client app happen at the same time.
From the Waze web application you can look at the Live Map tab and at the lower left of the screen below the map you will see the last update of that map information.
Newly recorded roads will not appear in Livemap until they have been edited in the map editor. This will need to be done by either you or the appropriate Area Manager.
When do my roads show up in the Waze app?
Tiles on the client are cached, and only refreshed when one of the following three conditions is met:
- You are showing a specific location on the map from the address search.
- You are navigating to or through the tile.
- The tile is over one week old.
Note that they always need to be propagated to the Live Map first, before showing on the client application.
From the Waze web application you can look at the Live Map tab and at the lower left of the screen below the map you will see the last update of that map information. You can check for Map tile updating delays at Waze Status.
Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) is limited and some editing functions may not work properly. Many users find that using Firefox is fine, and Safari is also generally OK.
The following browsers are acceptable for use with Cartouche:
Why do I get to see traffic reports hundreds of miles away in the client?
The traffic reports on the client show the nearest 20 reports. Sometimes, when there are not many wazers in your area, you'll see traffic reports from a areas that are farther away. Waze only actively shows you the traffic reports within a certain radius of your location (using a pop-up), so if you are not interested in seeing reports from farther away, do not click the traffic report button.
The lock feature does the following:
- Locking segments will prevent lower users from changing it only if it is close to their driving area.
If they are area managers at this location, they can still edit the segment.Remark: To be deleted, has been altered by the new editing rights system
The locking function may still perform some of it's legacy functions:
- Disables any automated geometry changes - i.e. GPS tracks will no longer drag the road towards some average of all GPS tracks on a segment. Manual editing is still possible.
- Disables any automated driving direction change - i.e. if you set the road as one way, even if someone drives the opposite way, it will remain one way. (This has some unlocking to it - if a lot of people drive the opposite way, or only the opposite way, eventually it will unlock)
- Sets the routing to 'obey' the connectivity on the segment. That is, if a turn is not allowed in Waze Map Editor, usually the routing algorithm will give such a turn a penalty of x points and will try to avoid it, as much as possible. If the segment is locked, the penalty to make a turn against what is defined in WME grows a lot, and the chances of getting a turn instruction that is against what has been defined is almost non existent.
Why are aerials not available or are low resolution?
Due to Waze's business model (which keeps the product free to us users) they are limited in what sources they can use for aerial maps. Normally this means using free sources which will of course be of lower resolution or availability then aerials available from commercial sources. If you know of a source that the licensing appears to be free for commercial use and in particular has no strings on derivative use, then send that source to Waze using the Quick Help support form found at Waze Support and they will look into it, and see if it will work.
² Cartoucheでの大規模な編集 (複数の道路を選択し、更新)はフィールドや属性の更新の数は独立しており、編集した道路毎に1.5ポイント獲得します。(Wazeフォーラムから  )
How do I change my home state or country?
The scoreboard allows you to compete for points against other wazers in your state or country. Waze automatically matches you to the state or country based on where you have earned the most points in the last week. If you travel several states a lot, send in a support ticket via the Quick Help form at Waze Support to have them lock your home state.
How can I remove or delete a group that I've created in Waze?
Send in a support ticket via the Quick Help at Waze Support.
How can I delete my account and all info from waze?
Send in a support ticket via the Quick Help form at Waze Support with your Waze username and registered email address.
When are weekly points calculated?
Points are added up from Monday through Sunday. Alerts usually appear on your client on Monday morning.
Why isn't the location of other Wazers in the app accurate?
Other Wazers shown on the map in the app are delayed by between 2-5 minutes. This is both for security concerns, server capacity, and network data capacity. It would be a huge amount of data required to update every Wazer's location every 2 seconds.
Does Waze support time-based turn restrictions where turns are allowed or restricted during certain times of day?
No. This feature is on the roadmap, and should be available. ETA is unknown. For these intersections, consider a "majority-rules" turn restriction scheme. If the turns are allowed during the majority of a day or week, leave it open, but also consider volume and if most of the weekly traffic would be restricted from turning there, then set the turn as restricted. Every intersection is different and should be considered individually.
What do I do when Waze has my destination at the wrong location?
If Waze is routing you to the wrong location for your destination, and the street the location should be on appears in Waze, it is due to Waze getting the wrong GPS coordinates for the destination. In most parts of the world, Waze relies exclusively on 3rd party content providers for address and POI locations. Waze sends your address or POI search to these 3rd parties, and they then return to Waze GPS coordinates for that destination. Waze then routes to the closest location on the Waze map for the GPS coordinates. For example, if Waze routes to the street behind the location, that is because the GPS coordinates for that location are closer to that street than the street you actually access the location from. To solve these errors, you need to update the GPS coordinates with the 3rd party provider who is supplying the bad information to Waze.
- In the US & Canada, address lookups are handled by Bing, with Google used when the address can not be found in Bing (rare).
- For other countries, visit the country specific section of the forum to find out the provider of address coordinates for your area.
- POI lookups (business names) are by a variety of providers. Look to see what tab in the search results you are using for the POI to determine which provider you need to contact to fix the GPS coordinates.
Most providers offer a way to submit corrections to their location data. It is normal for more than one provider to have the same bad information. This is due to their being two primary providers of GPS location data, which other companies then license. After correcting the location information with the correct Waze provider, it is a good idea to update with these two original providers. Instruction on how to do so can be found here.