| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your countries local Wazeopedia.
To start navigating with Waze:
1) From Waze main screen - click on the Menu button and choose Navigate:
TIP: You can slide the main-menu icon to the right to open the search menu:
2) You can search for a destination address using the search-bar or click the 'Categories' button to search for a business or point-of-interest within a selected category.
Search for destination using the search bar
After searching for your destination you will get a list of results:
Search for a business or a Point-of-interest using Categories
To view the list of categories - click the 'Categories' button from the navigation menu (Menu >> Navigate): Here you'll see list of categories:
- Gas Station
- Bank / ATM
- Convenience Store
- Fast Food
- Attractions & Great Outdoors
- Hotel / Motel
- Car Wash
- Car Repair
- Police Station
Click the category of your choice.
After choosing a category you will see a list of businesses/POI's sorted by distance:
To view the results on the map you can click the 'Map' button on the top right of the screen:
3) To start navigating to a selected address or point - click the Go button.
Search in Bing, Google, Foursquare, Yelp, Contact list
You can find more search results by sliding left or right the search bar below:
After choosing your destination you will see the option menu:
- Here you have 3 options:
- Location (the current window).
- Info - info about the place (phone number, prices etc..).
- Specials - coupons and discounts.
- View large preview map
- Add this destination to favorites (read more about favorites here).
- Go - navigate to destination
- More - view more options:
- Add a stop on the way - Lets you add a stop on your current route.
- Set as start point - Set this location as a start point.
- Show on map - Show the location on the map.
- Share location - Choose to send via text message or send via email.
Information about the place: Phone number, prices, photos, etc..
Here you can view coupons and discounts.
Alternative routes, Favourite route
To start the navigation click Go, now you will see this window:
Here you can see the events on the selected route, to choose a different route click on Routes:
To view the routes on the map, click on the map button:
After selecting a route you will start the navigation (your favorite route should appear here too):