Problems and Issues
Waze is a fun and sophisticated navigation app. In the many areas where wazers have worked on the maps for just a couple of months, it is already far superior to commercial GPS navigation aids. Waze is the best and keeps getting better.
But it is not perfect. None of these problems stop Waze from working and being useful. But they are listed here for your information, and so you know they are being worked on.
- Official Waze server status and issues page
- Facebook friends is not updating with new friends on the World server (USA and Canada should be working correctly). Waze is working on a fix. In the meantime, the workaround is to go to My Dashboard and click on the Update button (there is no need to change any information or Disconnect from Facebook)
- Issues and limitations on your supported model smartphone
- Navigation problems
- False standstill and heavy traffic reports due to no pause option
- Wandering cities
- Current Known Issues with Clients, Routing and Cartouche
- Some roads are reverting back to an unconfirmed state (back to Pacman roads with dots on them). Waze is investigating this. Please report any roads that have reverted in this forum thread
- The forums support Tapatalk for the iPhone but the server plugin has not been updated to the latest version. Tapatalk is a paid app. Unfortunately, the free version for read only access to the forums is no longer available.
- The GPX downloads of your routes have <trk xmlns=""> which makes them invalid. It should be <trk>
- No way to edit speed cameras or add red light cameras from cartouche.