Update this Wiki
Are you a new Wazer or editor?
Editing Waze maps is easy. But before you start contributing to the Waze Wiki we recommend that you have a good understanding and experience of Waze and its forums. Why? Because some details of Waze can be understood only if you have Waze knowledge and experience.
If you are an experienced Wazer (e.g., a Wazer with more than 25,000 map updates, 2,500 km (1,500 miles) driven with Waze, 60,000 Waze Points, and 100 Forum Posts), then your help is most welcome to make the Waze Wiki better for new editors.
Improve the Waze-Wiki with your experience
- How can you make it better? Add, update, remove out-of-date information. Just click on Edit to change a page and read this for any help you require.
- If you come here looking for an answer, and don't find it, please come back and add it to the Wiki when you do find the answer. You'll be helping the next person looking for the same answer.
- Come to the Forum on Wiki modifications to discuss your major changes to synchronize with other editors.
- The number one rule of Wiki editing for experienced wazers, is to be bold. Dive in and make changes. Other people can correct mistakes later, so have confidence, and give it a try!
- In general try to write clearly and concisely and make sure you are always aiming to do something which improves the Wiki contents. An edit might be to contribute whole paragraphs or pages full of information, or it could be as simple as fixing a typo or spelling mistake.
- You can try out your ideas and formatting in the Sand Box - a play area for Wiki editing
- You can use these templates as a model and for inspiration.
- Come see some of the main Wiki maintenance tasks needing attention.