| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Assistant Regional Coordinator/USA
Assistant Regional Coordinator Role RCs can assign a person to be their support person with the consent of US Champs as long as the person is a LC. ARCs primary goal to help with the AM applications. Any major changes etc still falls on to RC as usual. The level of collaboration is up to the parties involved. If the RC does step down that does not mean that ARC automatically steps in... because we should go through the new voting procedure that we have been setting up. Often, RCs consult with their local SMs, CMs and LCs for an advice. ARC is This is an extension of that thought.
- Processing AM applications.
- Work closely with his/her RC
- Direct communications with SM(s).
- Identify potential SM's and work with RC to see if they are ready
- Promotion suggestions to RC
- Although, all LCs able to block an editor, ARC should consult/inquires with his/her RC
ARC selection process
- An ARC should be a nomination of the respective regional RC
- An announcement of the nomination should be posted in the US Champ forum for an "objection/discussion" for 5 days.
- If there are no objections at completion of this period the nomination is approved and
no reason for an election.
- If there are objections, discussion and consensus must be established for each item of objection. Should this not be accomplished in the time period the nomination fails, and a new nominee must be considered.
- It should be noted that the nominee will have full access to comment/defend on any objection as they will have full access to the discussion as an LC/GC.
- The role of an ARC should fall in line with that of the RC, but the RC should be considered the senior decision maker for the region.
- Upon assuming the ARC role the RC and ARC can establish their roles for the region.
- If an RC steps down, the ARC will assume temporary RC duties until the permanent status can be voted upon.
- The ARC does not automatically assume the permanent RC role as this is a voting situation, but they can be an automatic nominee.