Revision as of 10:14, 4 March 2013 by Aaronsta
Welcome to Waze Australia
- The Australian road network covers more than 817,000 kilometres.
- Approximately 657,000 kilometres are controlled by local government - although state-controlled roads account for about three quarters of all vehicle kilometres travelled.
- There are more than 37,000 road bridges across Australia.
- More than three quarters of all passenger kilometres travelled in Australia occur on roads.
- Public transport is a major user of our road network. In Melbourne, for example, more than 80 per cent of all public transport kilometres are travelled on roads.
Source: Roads Australia