Welcome to Waze Australia
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions
- Spoken street names (Text-to-Speech) [a]
- Real time traffic reports
- Real time Gas Prices [b]
- Toll road avoidance [b]
- Free regular updates to the map that you can help make are installed automatically
- Search for destinations how you like: entire address at once, category, place name, landmark or use the addresses from your contacts
- Integrated destination search: Google, Foursquare, Bing
- Support for apps to insert destinations into Waze, such as Localscope
- Support for multiple languages
- Gaming elements for fun and integrated social networking
Read more about the amazing way Waze gets better when you just drive around with Waze turned on
- The Australian road network covers more than 817,000 kilometres.
- Approximately 657,000 kilometres are controlled by local government - although state-controlled roads account for about three quarters of all vehicle kilometres travelled.
- There are more than 37,000 road bridges across Australia.
- More than three quarters of all passenger kilometres travelled in Australia occur on roads.
- Public transport is a major user of our road network. In Melbourne, for example, more than 80 per cent of all public transport kilometres are travelled on roads.
Source: Roads Australia
Your local shire and state may also provide maps which show in greater detail for features other than roads.