Welcome to Waze Australia
- The Australian road network covers more than 817,000 kilometres.
- Approximately 657,000 kilometres are controlled by local government - although state-controlled roads account for about three quarters of all vehicle kilometres travelled.
- There are more than 37,000 road bridges across Australia.
- More than three quarters of all passenger kilometres travelled in Australia occur on roads.
- Public transport is a major user of our road network. In Melbourne, for example, more than 80 per cent of all public transport kilometres are travelled on roads.
- Source: Roads Australia
New to Waze?
Editing the Map (Video)
How to add Toll Roads to the map
How to add Service Stations to the map
Style Guide for Map Editing
Australian Road types
Best Map Editing Practice
How to label Roads, Road Types and Exits
How to abbreviate names
Junctions and Roundabouts
How to label and name Service Stations
Make Waze Better
Edit the Map
Things to do
Help Improve Waze
How to be an Area Manager
Vote for Improvements
Wiki maintenance tasks
Get Waze in your language
Add Australian Toll Roads to the map
Add Australian Service Stations to the map
Problems and Issues
Updates on Waze status, service, currently known issues, and completed processes
Behind the Scenes
How Waze calculates routes