| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Welcome to Waze Australia
- The Australian road network covers more than 817,000 kilometres.
- Approximately 657,000 kilometres are controlled by local government - although state-controlled roads account for about three quarters of all vehicle kilometres travelled.
- There are more than 37,000 road bridges across Australia.
- More than three quarters of all passenger kilometres travelled in Australia occur on roads.
- Public transport is a major user of our road network. In Melbourne, for example, more than 80 per cent of all public transport kilometres are travelled on roads.
- Source: Roads Australia
New to Waze?
Style Guide for Map Editing
Useful Sites for Map Editing:
Your local shire and state may also provide maps which show in greater detail for features other than roads.