| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your countries local Wazeopedia.
Australian Code of Conduct
This page serves as a guideline for all Wazers, willing to contribute to the Australian map.
Lot of pages exist in the Wiki, showing and telling what has to be done to edit the map. We here in Australia decided to also state, how we would like to see the work done.
- Every Wazer, regardless of his rank or origin, is encouraged and welcome to contribute to the Australian map. Nevertheless anyone is required to act in the here stated manner and to follow the rules stated in the Australian Wiki.
- Contributers to the Australian map are also welcome to add the graphic to their (forum)signature to show their affiliation to the Australian Waze Community
- We expect all map editors to regularly visit the Australian forum. Though we would appreciate a line from you too, you're not required to post there, but to keep in touch with the thoughts and various projects running in the community (i.e. Servos, that's what we call a Gas-station here)
- Always keep in mind, that everyone of us is voluntarily giving its time to Waze, no one is a Waze employee. So please respect that everybody has a private live too, and include this when expecting an answer - be it in the forum of via a PM.
- Work together and not against one another. Always keep an eye on the time stamp, when considering to change existing elements. If it has been edited recently, it might still be under construction by the last editor. If you think, something has to be done immediately please get in contact with the last editor via PM.
- Don't leave "loose ends". The last editor of a segment is responsible for it. So if you choose to create a new segment or edit an existing make sure that you make it ready by adding street- and cityname, proper label, turn restrictions. We don't expect you to do all at once - sometimes you will have to look for additional information or a feedback from the editor before you, but ensure to make all necessary adjustments at least within a month. Just performing slight geometry changes to snap off some points and edits is not our style here.
- Special note: in accordance with the implementation of Google search and to get a working road grid as soon as possible, guest editors, wide area managers and country managers may choose to use the "no name" option when naming a street (or lower) to make them route-able. To prevent smudged cities the city names are to be applied any time. Local editors are encouraged to add the proper street names as they see able to.
- We expect that all activities concerning Waze in Australia are carried out in a spirit of mutual respect and we want you to show it. So keep the wording nice and friendly - and don't be shy using the "thank you"-button if you get an answer to a question or help with a problem.
We are serious with this and already hired a guy to enforce this rules if necessary: