| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your countries local Wazeopedia.
Benelux Parking Lot Road
Parking Lot Roads are used for:
- Roads in Parking lots. (for large, small and single road parking lots)
- Roads through Gas stations
- Drive-Through roads
They must also be used for the entrance and exit roads connecting the above features to freeways or regular roads.
Consider the following while editing Parking Lot Roads:
- Set the 'Parking Lot Road' road type in the left menu pane.
A Parking Lot Road generates a large penalty, to prevent thru-traffic in the navigation.
- Only enter the City name and no street name (check the "None" box). When the road has an official name, it can be entered.
Please don't use names like 'Parking Theater', in this way street names will not be shown multiple times on the map. The name of a Parking Lot can be added to a Parking Lot Place.
- Don't lock. Unless you think it is necessary to prevent unwanted use or modifications. In case of any doubt, please discuss it with the community.
For details about creating Parking Lot Places, view the Benelux Places section about Parking Lots.
Do not draw every segment
Roads in Parking Lots are sparsely drawn, to prevent cluttering the map. The most important thing is that people can be routed to and from a parking lot. For small Parking Lots, a single road segment often suffices."
For large Parking Lots (for example at an event center), consider mapping only the following:
- Main entrances from the roads outside the parking lot
- Lanes that run along entrances of buildings
- Lanes that run along main roads outside the parking area (to separate different speed tracks)
- Large parking lot lanes that serve to get people from one area of the lot to another