| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Development plans and priorities
Waze is growing fast in features and popularity. This is not a complete list of development areas, but should reassure you that Waze is aware of your concerns and is working to make things better.
Current development focus includes:
- Fixing annoying bugs
- Upgrading the worldwide infrastructure to allow Waze to support the growing number of users while making the service more reliable
- Integrating features to generate revenue for Waze
- ASR (Automated Speech recognition)
- TTS (Text to Speech voice guided turn-by-turn instructions) in multiple languages
- Releasing feature equal clients for Android and iOS
- Gas price integration
- POI category search
- Toll Road avoidance
- Time of day turn restrictions
- Time of day road directionality changes
- Adding the ability to search for location by UK postcodes
- Implementing road blocks and road closures
- Supporting Car pool, (HOV), Transit Lanes