| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please do not make any more updates to these legacy wiki pages, all future updates should be made in your country's local Wazeopedia.
Welcome to the Waze wiki.
- Editing your route on the map
- Edicion de tu ruta en el mapa
- How to label and name roads
- Como categorizar y nombrar vias
- How to label and name roads (Netherlands)
- How to label and name roads (Italian)
- Cartouche - map problems
- Known issues with Cartouche
How to fix scan problems
Scan problems are in fact warnings which appear when the program recognizes a specific area which might interrupt the navigation.
The fact that a scan problem appears in a specific area does not necessarily mean that the specific problem has to be fixed.
It is important to check if any means of fixing should actually take place.
Clicking on a scan problem will present on the edit panel additional information regarding the chosen problem. In some cases fixing suggestions will appear.
Scan problem number 1: Intersecting roads
The program might alert of this problem when two roads intersect and no mutual node (intersection) appears in between.
Solution: In case that the two roads create a junction, meaning: When there is in fact a possibility to turn from one road to the other, it is necessary to create a node in the junction between the intersection.
- Choose the problem icon by clicking it.
- In the edit panel the chosen problem will appear including the relevant roads.
In the bottom of the panel a possible solution will appear: “Create junction”
- choose this option and confirm.
Please note that in many cases the problem does not need to be corrected. The attached example demonstrates two roads which seem they intersect but in fact there's a bridge above one road. In this case the bridge should be marked as such:
- Choose one of the sections of the bridge (the first by direction of the traffic).
- Hold Ctrl key and select the second section of the bridge, so that the two sections around the problem No. 1 are now highlighted.
- In the Edit panel select 'bridge above mutual node'.
- (Another option is to change the level of the two road segments on “edit road details” panel
Current Phone Versions
- Operation:Translation (NEW-BLANK)
- Operation:Translation (Bosnian)
- Operation:Translation (Czech)
- Operation:Translation (Dutch)
- Operation:Translation (Finnish)
- Operation:Translation (French)
- Operation:Translation (German)
- Operation:Translation (Hungarian)
- Operation:Translation (Italian)
- Operation:Translation (Polish)
- Operation:Translation (Portuguese for Brazil)
- Operation:Translation (Russian)
- Operation:Translation (Slovak)
- Operation:Translation (Spanish)
- Operation:Translation (Spanish for Spain)