| The new Waze Wiki, aka Wazeopedia, is now live at Wazeopedia.waze.com! While this legacy wiki will remain accessible for the time being, it is no longer updated by the community. For the most up-to-date guidance, please visit your local Wazeopedia.
Please review the USA Functional Classification page and the FC Quick Reference Chart for details on this topic. In rare cases, a particular road may require a different type than prescribed in the national guidance. Before changing the type of any road past the bounds of the rules, please post the situation to the Maryland Forum to receive feedback. Maryland resources can be found in the following links:
- SHA Highway Location Reference (PDF Reports by County)
- MD SHA Functional Classification Map
- nzahn1's Mapping Resources (2012, Google Earth)
- Carroll County
- Carroll County Function Classfication Webpage (2007)
Use these state-wide maps for the names and numbers of Interstate, US, and State highways. They also include the names of many local roads.
- Grid Maps PDF
- Town Maps PDF In addition to the Census Designated Places that Maryland uses for the City Layer, there are 157 incorporated municipalities. See the Cities and Towns section for Incorporated Cities boundary files to use as WME Map overlays.
- Highway Location Reference PDF
Use this tool to identify street addresses. MD Dept of Planning recommends Firefox for this mapping application, however Chrome works well too). Under the Contents tab, check Parcel Boundaries and uncheck all other options. Navigate to a property and click it, then click SDAT URL in the popup for the Real Property page.
Counties and cities
Use these maps for the names of local roads and smaller streets not identified on the state maps. Some also provide house numbers.
- Alternate version that links to SDAT.
- Baltimore City GIS Choose City Map from the Base Map drop-down menu (all other options are copyrighted).
- Baltimore County GIS
- Calvert County GIS
- Carroll County GIS
- Cecil County GIS
- Frederick County GIS
- Garrett County PDF
- Harford County GIS (Open in ArcGIS)
- Howard County GIS
- Choose Interactive Map for house numbers and road names
- Montgomery County GIS
- Prince George's County GIS
- Queen Anne's County GIS
- Saint Mary's County GIS
- Washington County GIS